Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Go Get'em guys

Old 04-22-2017, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Go Get'em guys

Old RR is on the injured reserve list, torn knee cartilage is keeping me on the bench, So I'm sittin at the house driving the wife, kids, dogs and cat apesheet crazy with my new 200.00 turkey call. Good luck turkey hunters!
RR
Old 04-22-2017, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

What??? No pics or sound file for a $200 turkey call. What were you thinking??? Hope you get better soon.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

What a wuss ! Last spring I tore my meniscus cartlidge severely but I still hobbled around 6 states and one province killing turkeys. In fact two days after getting it operated on in May and against doctors advise I killed my biggest 2016 tom in Michigan run and gun LOL so get out there and kill one !!!
Old 04-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

What? We know you can get out there and set in a small chair hidden behind a blow down or something while practicing your call. I went out last spring while recovering from cancer with a bulging disk in my back hobbling in and out of the turkey grounds. I know you can as well but make sure you have a small light weight chair to set in and practice your calling skills from. I only got a big jake last year but I got something anyway..
Old 04-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

well I hunted this past Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, the opinion of the dr was it would not heal on its own if I kept pushing it, I can walk for a bit, but I pay for it in the end, just giving it a break to see if the swelling goes down.
RR
Old 04-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

So how did the $200 turkey call work?
Old 04-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

not as well as my 40.00 one from the same maker, purrs well but the clucks cackles and yelps are lacking.
Just so ya know I did not pay 200 bucks for a call, a friend did, He has used a cody spec one for 20 years, he was afraid it would either break or get lost so he was looking for a call, cody no longer makes the spec one, so he bought a cody spec 1 ledgend, he paid 199.95 plus tax.
25 years ago a guy gave me a spec 1, said if you can call a turkey with the damn thing, keep it, if not throw it away. It sounds just ok, my buddy play with it a bit and offered 100 bucks, told him no, then 150, then 200, I said ok, he jumped at the chance handed me the money, I immediately felt bad, asked him what ya gonna do with your new call? he said sell it, I asked how much. 100 bucks he said, I gave him 100 of his money back. I walked away feeling bad, with a call that sounds to me exactly like the call he had to have and 100 dollars in my pocket.
RR
Old 04-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

I hear ya after hiking up and down the pine ridges in Nebraska and then putting ice on it every night to try and get the swelling down again so I could get my pant leg over it the next morning I was starting to think this is nuts but hey I like to turkey hunt.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
I hear ya after hiking up and down the pine ridges in Nebraska and then putting ice on it every night to try and get the swelling down again so I could get my pant leg over it the next morning I was starting to think this is nuts but hey I like to turkey hunt.
so do I but if I never kill another one, I have gotten my share and then some, was driven to hunt them till I proved my uncle wrong, just wish he would have lived to see how turkey hunting was in the 90's, kill another hundred then see how much drive you have to hunt them when it hurts to take a step.
RR
Old 04-22-2017, 06:15 PM
neb
Typical Buck

That would hard to sit out a year but at least you been able to get some hunting in. Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.