Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Signs in fall good for spring hunting? >

Signs in fall good for spring hunting?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Signs in fall good for spring hunting?

Old 11-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Spike

Default Signs in fall good for spring hunting?

While walking to my deer blind I noticed lots of turkey tracks in the cut beans with an area worked over pretty good. Does this in any way translate to movement come spring?
Old 11-23-2014, 03:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

That would depend on where the food is in the spring as well as how much cover is available for nesting.. Turkeys will travel to where the food is in the spring as well as fall. I have them go threw my field out back every fall. Then comes spring I am lucky to even see 1 in it. But, it does let me know how the turkeys appear to be doing going into winter.. Then naturally it will depend on how hard the winter is on them as well. Last winter here with all our ice storms the numbers were down which made a tough hunt. So it would be to hard to say right now exactly what the out look would be in my opinion.. Even though I have been seeing a lot of hens with young birds..
Old 11-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

A turkeys home range can be between 2000 and 3000 ac.. ie they are very nomadic..
Old 11-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Spike

Thanks for the replies. So basically it's good as far as birds being on the property but not necessarily reliable for blind locations.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by John Donovan
Thanks for the replies. So basically it's good as far as birds being on the property but not necessarily reliable for blind locations.
depending on when your season starts, I normally start scouting for turkey a few weeks out much more then that and it can be a crap shoot...