Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Tag soup

Old 07-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

Unhappy Tag soup

this is a subject i hate posting but i'm afraid my season amounted to tag soup how bout the rest of ya. howd your season go?
Old 07-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Tag soup for me too...
Old 07-16-2014, 12:03 AM
Spike

Tagged out the first day, three birds in 3 different counties with my Hoyt. Where you guys hunt
Old 07-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a great season even though the birds were tough hunting.. It was a very remarkable year for me.. It surely was a season I will never forget about. As on one of my hunts I had 3 moose walk in and check out my decoys.. One of the things about it was it was a cow with 2 yearlings. That was something I have never seen in the spring during any of my hunting or fishing trips.. A cow and 2 calfs would not be out of the ordinary. Anyhow I shot my first tom on opening day and blew it on my second bird the very next day. That bird I have been trying to get for the last 2 years and then I blew it. I did get another decent tom during the third week of our season and tagged out. Now not one of these birds gobbled back and was tough getting them to come in.. But as always the main thing is to get out there and enjoy it.. Whether you scored or not. There is a lot of folks I am sure would love to have even part of a day to be able to get out there away from it all. Having a chance to score anything is only a bonus to enjoying the great outdoors.

On a side note I wrote a short story up about my turkey hunting and the moose that checked out my decoys for American Expedition and it will be getting put out in their October issue even though I am not much of a righter.. They loved my story..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 07-16-2014 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Although I usually hate to pile on top of a poor guy that had a tough time you did ask so. I had another awesome season in the turkey woods. I killed 8 toms in 6 states and 1 province. Shot my heaviest bird, longest spurred bird and and a triple bearded bird. Only down side if you could call it that is I was one bird short of a single season grand slam but did manage to complete my second grand slam.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zilch here too.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not bad....

Last edited by nchawkeye; 07-16-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Typical Buck

I went 2 for 3 with a double off the wall, a single, and a line drive out to the shortstop.

Some of my buddies had great seasons. Two of them limited out. One (who shall remain nameless) took 7 or 8 (limit is 5). I give him grief but at least he took every one of them in different places. I really would have been put out if he had worn one area out. In the end I think they came from 4 different counties and no two came from the same area.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:51 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Buddie? I call it poacher and would turn him in!

AND In an instant as he stole from you too.

Dave............JW

Last edited by JW; 07-28-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

i have an awesome fried tag with gravy recipe. yummm.

my season was totally weird, something goofy happened every time i went out. bull dozers at dawn, passed out drunks, a land slide, and a pack of wild dogs attacked my decoy.

i'm sure it will be funny... someday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.