Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Fall Turkey Hunting Help Please >

Fall Turkey Hunting Help Please

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fall Turkey Hunting Help Please

Old 10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deer watch for turkeys, turkeys watch for deer.

Where you see turkeys you will see deer, where you see deer you will see turkeys.

Best I can do !!!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been seeing a pile of turkeys.. But, no toms?? Where do they tend to hide out at? You know like what type of woods do they prefer and the like? The last group of turkeys i could not count as there was to many.. I am guessing at least 50 when they busted me and took running off into the thick woods.. But again I did not see 1 tom in the group.. Sure I can shoot a hen but have been trying to get a tom..
Old 10-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I have been seeing a pile of turkeys.. But, no toms?? Where do they tend to hide out at? You know like what type of woods do they prefer and the like? The last group of turkeys i could not count as there was to many.. I am guessing at least 50 when they busted me and took running off into the thick woods.. But again I did not see 1 tom in the group.. Sure I can shoot a hen but have been trying to get a tom..
They tend to flock up this time of year, jakes & toms in one group, hens & poults in another. As far as where they went, that's always one of fall's great mysteries, but they do need to eat & roost, so they can't be too far away. Fall turkey's more of a feast or famine proposition than spring turkey.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK thanks Uncle Nicky..I may end up with a hen then if I do not see a tom before long...
Old 10-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Where I hunt I see 2 tom groups in the area but there are no hen groups. The closet hen group was about 1/2 mile away. But on another farm I have watched a hen group walk by and few minutes later a tom group walk by. I have even seen a group of hens with several toms together all winter so who knows !
Old 11-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Slow forum right now. I'll be out tomorrow morning in Central PA for a turkey hunt. Hoping to at least see some birds!
-Jake
Old 10-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you hear or see a turkey flock close-by...scratching in the dry fall leaves, you might be able to lure in a young jake from the flock, that feels sorry for a lost young turkey which is doing a kee kee run. With luck...you can lure in the entire flock, along with the help of the boss hen.

Same hunting scenario for a bachelor group (1 tom & 2 jakes) in the fall.

Last edited by Erno86; 10-02-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added a few words