Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

locust?

Old 04-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default locust?

anybody use locust for strikers?? hows it sound? sorry for all these diffrent wood and striker posts...i dont want to make a striker with a knife to find out the wood really doesnt work if i dont have to...i have some locust i found dead..got a few loogs split to workable and one striker 1/2 way done..will be finished after school tomarow...i love the yellow wood and all the growth rings in the little log...im sure it will look purdy stained green lol...maybe i wont stain it..well have to see on that...but hows it usually sound?? ive never heard of it being used maybe i went out on a limb a little to far this time..i hope not..i got about 10 logs lol...i cut them all by hand also!anyone use it?? thanx..
Old 04-10-2003, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: locust?

I hear Locust is Good , but I have never used it, sorry I can' t help ya...BT