Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Finally had something stolen >

Finally had something stolen

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Finally had something stolen

Old 04-18-2008, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Finally had something stolen

Well my season comes in a week and a half and I have no turkey calls, or decoys. I had them in my shed and now they are gone . Whast really strange is thats the only thing they took. Even with all the tools, treestands, and other hunting crap in my shed, all they took were my calls and decoys...stupid thieves or just blind? of course part of this was my fault....I forgot to put the lock back on the shed[&:]. I guess im not overly upset about it, it could have been worse. Im in the market for new calls and decoys anyway...fleet farm here I come .
Old 04-18-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally had something stolen

Evidently your spouse didn't want you to go turkey hunting! Sucks when crap like that happens. Replace what was taken and then keep it under lock and key. Personally, all my hunting gear is in the basement stored in containers labeled in Korean where a thief would have to go through a lot of containers to find the hunting gear (unless it was a Korean thief). Of course they're labeled in Korean to make it easier for my wife to find whatever she is looking for. Good luck on hunting.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Evidently your spouse didn't want you to go turkey hunting! Sucks when crap like that happens. Replace what was taken and then keep it under lock and key. Personally, all my hunting gear is in the basement stored in containers labeled in Korean where a thief would have to go through a lot of containers to find the hunting gear (unless it was a Korean thief). Of course they're labeled in Korean to make it easier for my wife to find whatever she is looking for. Good luck on hunting.
You really think she had something to do with this??? Ok maybe, maybe she hired someone.....hmmm..
Old 04-18-2008, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Peanut, the same thing happened to me a few years ago but it was a brand new tree climber. To make the long story short, it turned out to be our next door neibour's son that had come home from college for a visit. I took that kid hunting many times and found it very difficult to believe that he had stolen from me. If I were you, I'd look at anyone that's been in your building and knows what you have.

God Bless,

Ray
Old 04-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive never had anyone in my shed other than my kids and wife. And my very good friend Charlie. But he wouldnt do it as he doesnt turkey hunt and he has a ton of respect for hunters and their properties, we hunt together alot during deer season. I trust that man with my life.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

WBH, don't know but as a criminal analyst I'm paid to get suspicious and figure out whodonit. There have been times that stuff has "disappeared" in the past and when I told her and the kids how much it was going to cost to replace it and I was definately going to replace it, it magically reappears!

Of course I have had stuff stolen in the past and had to come up with priorities to determine where stuff was going to be stored and what security measures would be necessary to ensure they would be there next time I wanted them.

Happy Hunting!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:13 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Well my season comes in a week and a half and I have no turkey calls, or decoys. I had them in my shed and now they are gone . Whast really strange is thats the only thing they took. Even with all the tools, treestands, and other hunting crap in my shed, all they took were my calls and decoys
Are you sure you just didn't misplace it? That doesn't sound like theives to me...