Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

SC turkey hunting

Old 04-08-2008, 09:23 AM

Default SC turkey hunting

Does anyone know of any great wma's in SC for turkey hunting. I'm going to be down in SC for a couple of days and would like to try to get a bird if all possible. If anyone has been there this season and had luck finding birds please let me know which wma you were hunting. Hope everyone is having a great season and God bless.

David E.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SC turkey hunting

I shot several birds in my college years in Francis Marion WMA. I'll take one spot to the grave with me, or should I say I only share it with a privileged few... if you are a Citadel grad, then my map should still be on file with the Rod and Gun Club there.

Just as a hint though... in FMNF... closer to the Santee you get the better the hunting will be.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SC turkey hunting

I hear Woodbury is pretty good for turkey. Personally, I hunt private land outside my backdoor and don't go to WMAs. What I know is strictly based on what others tell me. You can go here http://www.dnr.sc.gov/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi and see the SCDNR forums, you'll get more and better info for hunting South Carolina from there.