Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Ground Blind Necessary For Bowhunting >

Ground Blind Necessary For Bowhunting

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Ground Blind Necessary For Bowhunting

Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ground Blind Necessary For Bowhunting

I want to harvest a bird this year with my bow, how hard is it really to do it without a blind, I know it can be done, but how hard is it.?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:42 PM

Default RE: Ground Blind Necessary For Bowhunting

I have never really hunted turkeys with a bow, but the other day I was watching a hunting program on TV and the pro-staff guys on there were not using a blind and they were bow hunting. I am talking about guys that do that for a living, but I guess it is possible.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:56 PM

One of the most challenging parts of shooting a turkey with a bow is the unseen draw.

I had a perfect set up one year at a location where some trees had been cut from the edge of a field. There were several piles of brush just in the woods at the fields edge. I set in the woods about 10 yards deep and set decoys about 10 yards in to the field. Two gobblers walked in to the decoys and were hidden by several brush piles along the way allowing time to draw as they stepped into the open just in front of the decoys....

Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

you don't need a ground blind but i love to bow hunt out of them. you get away with more movement in them, but i don't think it takes anything away from the hunt. you should just try it for yourself one time and if it doesn't work with you then leave it at home next time.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: vmartin

you don't need a ground blind but i love to bow hunt out of them. you get away with more movement in them, but i don't think it takes anything away from the hunt. you should just try it for yourself one time and if it doesn't work with you then leave it at home next time.
Better still...just drop it off at my house.....
Old 04-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's tough. But it's not impossible. The more you can make use of natural things to hide behind the better. The easier it is for you to draw & hold your bow, the better. The ability for you to repeatedly call in birds all season long, the better off you are. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

lol, thats right "born 2 hunt", i would but somebody alreadystole mine, i just had to buy a new one... i got that new cabelas brand blind, i have opened it and it is going to be great. i swear hunters have the stickiest fingers of anyone i have ever know. i know criminals who have better morals about stealing.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:01 AM

I just bought an engraver yesterday...don't keep anyone from stealing, but makes things more identifiable.

I got a Amer step Brickhouse. Waiting for a dry day to put it up outside. I like to eat turkey so I plan the first 1 or 2 with a shotgun, but will probably go with my bow then, if my triceps surgery will allow me to pull back my bow before the season is over.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a big ass tree, I stand with my back against it and position myself behind it when birds are close, I use it to cover my draw and movements....
Old 04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The turkeys where I hunt are too freaking smart/weary for me not to use a blind for bow hunting. Heck they will even spot me sitting against a tree when ive been gun hunting...

Quick Reply: Ground Blind Necessary For Bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.