Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
how big is a turkeys head >

how big is a turkeys head

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

how big is a turkeys head

Old 02-10-2003, 04:31 PM

Default how big is a turkeys head

how big is the turkeys head/neck area? i have 100 yard rifles sight in targets with a 1"circle that i patterned my gun with.(2-5 shots in the one inch circle at 35yards with a full chocke) is that about the size of a turkeys head? and do you guys know how to get a hold of an extra full choke tube for a browning invector+ shotgun? i see a bunch for the invector model but none for the invector+
Old 02-10-2003, 05:21 PM

Default RE: how big is a turkeys head

well im kind of new at this turkey hunting but if you were to look at a turkey target with a turkey head as the target itself it would be a life size picture. one inch i think is a little small but your also aiming at the neck as well where one inch would be bout right as far as your gun i cant help you i cant see why invector choke wouldnt fit unless you know something im not aware of i would try one if it dont fit take it back or call a gunsmith
Old 02-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

How big is a turkey's head? turkey heads come in two sizes, small enough to miss, and just big enough to hit! About the size of a coke can. If you can bust one at 40yds, you can harvest a turkey. More pellets is more better.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:31 PM

im new at hunting but my gun says that i can only use invector+ chokes in it. and thanks on the head question.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

As a general rule of thumb, make a fist with your hand,Bend your arm so your fist is straight up and down in front of your face,and then trace your arm on a piece of paper from your elbow up around on both sides.That will give you a general size of a turkeys head and neck at life size. As for the Browning Invector plus, Cabelas, Bass Pro and Midwest Turkey Call Supply all carry chokes for that gun choke style.