Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Here are some pics from the last few years! >

Here are some pics from the last few years!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Here are some pics from the last few years!

Old 01-25-2006, 07:30 PM

Default Here are some pics from the last few years!

I got a few of my pics from the last few years scanned earlier this week so I thought I would share. Yall join in and add your own as well. You know we love to see pics on this forum!

This is my first "last day of season" gobbler. A friend missed this turkey 2 days before season closed in 05 and I killed him at 8:30 on closing Saturday. I left him alone on the roost and went into the woods at 8:00. He came in just like opening morning gobbling his head off 2 days after he had been shot at 3 times. He had green in his breast meat from some stray pellets!

Old 01-25-2006, 07:38 PM

Default RE: Here are some pics from the last few years!

This hunt I will never forget. My brother was home from boarding school and I took him and my dad on their first turkey hunt. We had no luck off the roost and were about to leave when I decided to mix it up and hit a crow call. This bird hammered at 100 yards! He hadnt gobbled all morning but that crow call turned him on. He gobbled 100+ times and came right in in about 10 minutes. My dad and brother watched the whole thing like it was on tv! Nothing beats sharing the hunt with family...thats what its all about!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:46 PM

This next one is special as well. My buddy Carter had hunted hard for about 3 years and had only managed a jake. I told him I would take him and see if we could get him a longbeard. I took him to a little piece of paradise thats a bear to get there but on the right morning..its definetly worth it. We literally HIKED 35 minutes straight up a mountain to where it levels off into hardwoods and pasture up top. This place is on top of the world. Immediately at dawn we had 8-10 birds gobbling everywhere. Well when they hit the ground, only one kept gobbling...this bird, THE KING OF THE HILL! He took 10 minutes to spit and drum, strut, and gobble the last 50 yards. Im sitting right next to Carter as his heart is pounding out of his chest, whispering, "Just take your time, relax,this turkey's as good as dead buddy..." WELL HE TOOK HIS TIME, and took a fine longbeard with nice spurs on a great morning!

Old 01-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

day Bow turkey harvest in NC with some real good friends.
This is my soggy
Old 01-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

And here are three birds that we harvested all the same morning. From left to right
Pat_Ely youngbuck76 and Ed owens
Old 01-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

All nice birds guys!ANd what a bonus,one with a bow PAT!

This is my first bird of the season last year.He just came right in.I went where I had ran one the year before.I stood next to an old oak,and said.."This is where I was last year"..He gobbled.as if to say I'm still here!He was hot,and within 10 minutes I had my first of the season.About 18lbs 9 1/4" beard 1" spurs.

Here's my second bird.I met a guy in a forestry truck,and then noticed I also knew the passenger.We talked about a few things,and then they decided to put me on a bird they had been trying with no luck,and had given up on..I went there,and the bird was strutting right where they said he would be(HOW OFTEN DOES THAT WORK?)I made 2 yelps,and laid my call down,he walked right to me,and I got him.He had 2 beards,my first double bearded turkey ever!I owe those guys big time.16lbs,9 1/2" beard,2 1/4" beard1" spurs.

My next to the last day bird I had been chasing most of the season.The one in my sig. below.well,One of my friends had went beind me(DID I SAY FRIEND?)[&:]ANd shot him down during the 3rd week of the season.I happened to pattern this bird,and challenged him with my Primos "gobbler"shaker,and he flew to me instead of to a cutting hen!He came in for a fight,and he lost big time,against a load of Winchester 3.5" HV #4's.He was the biggest of last year he weighed about 17lbs with,10" beard and 1 1/8" spurs.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:39 PM

Here is the only bird I got last year. Hunting on public land is hard.

I seen him and a hen in a field by their selves. She was feeding, he was in full strut. I crept to the corner of the field that I thought they would be closest to. Stopped about 20 yards inside the woods. Just close enough so I could see them to tell what they were doing. I got set up and start clucking and yelping really low. THe gobbler was hott. He gobbled and gobbled, but wouldn't leave his hen. So, I knew the only way I would get him is to get her. I took out another call and started calling really aggressively like two hens fighting. This got her attention.

She started coming to me, then started moving over to the left a little. The woods were pretty thick, so she was heading straight for an old grown up trail. Luckily it was only 30yds from me. The gobbler stayed with his back turned, strutting. It was kinda funny b/c he had no idea she was leaving. When he turned around and seen her leaving, he took off behind her. So I knew I had him. I picked a hole and put the beed on it. The hen passed through. The gobbler strutted right to the hole and I pulled the trigger. It was a beautiful morning. THe sun was coming through his fan while he was strutting. Looking athim in the sun was amazing. It looked like he was glowing. It was one of my best hunts ever.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome,BPS!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:55 PM

Here`s one from last year.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:58 PM

And another,

Quick Reply: Here are some pics from the last few years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.