Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 what glass call do you use >

what glass call do you use

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

what glass call do you use

Old 12-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default what glass call do you use

i know we have been through this one before on here. but im going to be on the market for a new glass call. i love my HS 360. but im going to get a new one. im leaning on cody, but i want to know what all do you use?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what glass call do you use

PA , Glass calls come in different grades and sounds and I depends on the sound and ammount of $$ you want to spend. I can not speak on the other companies and do know there is some good sounding glass calls out their, but I have used the QuakerBoys Eradicator with success in both the Field and on stage. One of the main points of a good glass call is to condision these such calls proper for the proper preformance. Using sanding stones will change the way any of the glass calls work and aswell the proper pick of wood strikers on the sufface. Sand paper on glass is a thing of the passed, but look around and condision and use each call and get a proper hear of how the call works...BT
Old 12-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really cant go wrong with a Cody. They are great calls.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

get one of Andy Kaisers calls(kaiser kalls).......or larry gressers(praire calls)...both sound awsoem and the prices arent bad.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased a MAD Heavy Metal last year and it sounds awesome. Good call in my book, but I don't care for the bright aluminum pot. I will sacrifice that though for the way it sounds.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

I have a HS Strut glass call.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kaiser makes a nice call, I have a nice double sided one from Andy, glass on one side and slate on the other.Lately thoughI've been in love with my cheapo Primos Power Crystal. That thing sounds awesome for a mass produced call, and I get as much or as little volume as I need with it.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

Cody glass(Mine says "envy" on it)is my finishing call.Sometimes I like to use my little deuce double glass when I want something a little quieter in late season or on spooky birds.The cody glass sounds better than the cody slate to me.I couldn't bring out a gobble from a few differenttoms with the slate,but I could pull out the glass,and they would respond.Also it's a little something different than your everyday walmart warriors use.Hope I helped.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

River Valley Game Calls MOJO...fantastic call with easy maint free glass and flip it over to use the slate, great sound and versatility.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:06 PM

I have a few glass calls, my best sounded on is one made by Alex Williams. I think he has some on ebay.

Quick Reply: what glass call do you use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.