Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell 12MP Trophy Cam HD Essential Low Glow >

Bushnell 12MP Trophy Cam HD Essential Low Glow

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell 12MP Trophy Cam HD Essential Low Glow

Old 11-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bushnell 12MP Trophy Cam HD Essential Low Glow

Anyone have this camera and have any feedback on it:
I'm looking at buying it for my son for Christmas.

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have that exact model, but I've been using Bushnell Trophy Cam's for years. I employ a couple each of the 5MP and 8MP's and even more of the 12 & 14MP models - the 14MP's being the new case "Aggressor" models.

Against Moultrie's, the Bushnells menus are easier to operate and do better on photo count - especially night photos AND especially night photos on warmer nights.

Against Cuddleback cams, the Bushnell interface is like NSA or NASA supercomputers compared to a hello kitty kiddy calculator. It's simple and responsive, user friendly. I still screw up and fail to activate my Cuddles sometimes. The 20MP Cuddleback cam does take great photos, but for the user interface to check photo count or battery life, I'll pass.

We have over 20 cams in the field this season and have owned about twice as many before these (some REALLY old models), for my money, unless Bushnell screws the pooch and tries something new that's a total flop, I really don't have any use for any other trail camera.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the reply.

I personally run Coverts and Reconyx myself but it's impossible to get decent models in the $100-150 range that I'm willing to spend on a 9yr old for Christmas present.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 7 of the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. What one has to watch is make sure the springs do not corrode as they are very thin. I replaced a couple springs and use a dab of Lithium grease on them. One, I am not able to set the proper date. The date will change when the camera is set out, but it will not be the proper date. These have been the best for me. I used the earlier version of WildView EZ Cam but switched when video cameras became available. I have since used several Spy Point series, and lots of the Moultrie series which are approximately two years old. For me, Moultrie and Spy Point have been a very poor investment. In all I have had access to 40 trail cameras. Some were exchanged for warranty, repair and some were sold. What I have found, on the newer cameras, the cameras start to malfunction when the voltage drops to the 1.30 area. Older cameras started to malfunction around 1.0 to 1.2 volt. I have used the Lithium which are high voltage, testing 1.79 to 1.83 volt. Ones that took "C" batteries, I purchased the sleeves so I could use the Lithium as they are only available in "AA". All the best in whatever you choose.

Last edited by littlearrow; 11-27-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

I agree, Bushnell.
Just pulled a 2009 model out after being in the woods 2 straight years.

It still works!
Old 02-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ended up buying him a Browning Strike Force HD.
Great camera so far.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
I ended up buying him a Browning Strike Force HD.
Great camera so far.
Have you tried using Lithium batteries in your Browning Strike Force HD camera? All the best.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by littlearrow
Have you tried using Lithium batteries in your Browning Strike Force HD camera? All the best.
All I run in my AA cameras are Energizer lithiums.
Get 12 for $18 at Sams.
They usually last about a year per camera.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
All I run in my AA cameras are Energizer lithiums.
Get 12 for $18 at Sams.
They usually last about a year per camera.
Thanks for the up date. Greatly appreciated. All the best.