Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
A Warning About HCO Cameras >

A Warning About HCO Cameras

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

A Warning About HCO Cameras

Old 10-19-2015, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default A Warning About HCO Cameras

Hello All - I wanted to share my experience with HCO cameras, so you can avoid my mistake.

I bought an HCO wireless camera 2 years ago and was very happy with it. So, I got another one. Well, last fall I stopped receiving pictures from both cameras on approximately the same day. I thought it was impossible that 2 cameras would fail at the same time, so I contacted the carrier (T-Mobile) and they had no information on these cameras or how they were tapping into T-Mobile.

The way they worked was HCO provides some reference info for the camera and all you did was buy a sim card (like for your phone) from the carrier and a simple text message plan. It worked fine at first, but I don’t think HCO had any type of deal set up with T-Mobile to maintain that technology and it was cut off. So now I have 2 wireless cameras that cannot connect, sim cards I don’t need, and prepaid accounts that are going to expire and be a loss.

At first HCO blamed the carrier and told me to try another. But the cameras are in a remote area and the carrier options are limited to begin with. HCO has now removed the T-Mobile info from their site.

I tried to contact HCO to see if my cameras are obsolete now, and they just closed the ticket without responding. I contacted the business office to complain and they closed the ticket without responding also.

I will never buy another product from HCO.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I were you I would contact the Better Business Bureau in your area. It seems HCO was fraudulent with its advertising. Save those ticket numbers to supply the BBB. Maybe you will be able to get your money back.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I should look into that process. I have never dealt with the BBB before. I have the ticket numbers.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Spike

This doesn't help you now, but I have the Bushnell Wireless in a remote area and it has been a success. I'm able to go right through Bushnell and didn't have to mess with buying a Sim Card.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks. I will see if Santa is willing to drop off another camera.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can also try your state's Consumer Fraud Office.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Spike

How well do the wireless cams really work? I have heard a lot of conflicting info. I live in Wisconsin and have a 2,000 acre lease in Arkansas that I would love to put cams on that sent pics to me. Any info on the wireless cams would be greatly appreciated! Costs, best brand name, etc?? Thanks
Old 12-09-2015, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not to sure I'd want my cameras texting me. There have been times of 2 to 300 pics a day. I think I'd prefer the idea of it sending pics to a website for me to view better.