Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Best Trail Cam for under 100 Bucks >

Best Trail Cam for under 100 Bucks

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Best Trail Cam for under 100 Bucks

Old 09-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Spike

Wild game innovation blades work really well for me! I got a couple at academy here for $60 and they work awesome. Really easy to set up and figure out what's going on. I've had problems with the cheaper Moultrie and Browning cameras. All I run now are wildgame innovations! But at the end of the day the old saying "you get what you pay for" could be said here. Nothing more frustrating than putting a camera out for a couple weeks only to come back and realize it doesn't even work! Good luck!
Old 09-21-2015, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mason7712
Wild game innovation blades work really well for me! I got a couple at academy here for $60 and they work awesome. Really easy to set up and figure out what's going on. I've had problems with the cheaper Moultrie and Browning cameras. All I run now are wildgame innovations! But at the end of the day the old saying "you get what you pay for" could be said here. Nothing more frustrating than putting a camera out for a couple weeks only to come back and realize it doesn't even work! Good luck!
I have an older WGI. I think its an N4D model, but I'm not sure. Anyway, this is its 4th season out, and it still works great. That said, it seems like the newer WGI models are a total crapshoot as far as quality goes. Its too bad - they used to make some good ones, but I wont risk buying another. Then again, I suppose any time you buy the bottom end electronics, you're rolling the dice - no matter what brand it is.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:59 PM
Spike

I have browning, cuddyback, wild game, moultree and bushnell. Bushnell is by far the best. Reasons are : $99 , pir sensor has a hi med and low, field scan can be set to the minute and viewed easily. Best battery life, cam does not freeze in winter like some. Can set any amount of seconds between photos. Vid has sound, easy to set up. I get pics out to 80 ft or more. Windy days have less false triggers on low pir setting. 6mp,8mp,12pm agresser all the same set up and options. What other cam has these options for $99?
Old 09-22-2015, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure there are a ton of good cameras these days. A few years ago I did some research looking for quality (inexpensive) cameras, and ended up buying Covert cameras.
They are pretty nice little cams. Good picture quality, small and compact, still or video options, and they come in infared or black. You can find them for under $100. My newest one is 2.5yrs old, has taken over 20,000 pics on its first set of 8 AA batteries - and they are still in it. That is being out in the woods from July to around end of Feb... through the bulk of 2 super cold winters.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Aw spend 29 dollars more and get a browning strike force. It is an incredible camera for the money. I put 2 out 6 months ago with lithium batteries. I have taken thousands of pic and about 200 videos. The batteries still are in the high 80 percent range. The new ones are the same price but have a higher video resolution and a better display door. I am buying a third one this weekend due too how good a deal they are. Trailcampro agrees with all I said too.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Knock on wood I've been impressed so far with the 3 WGI Cloak 6 Blackouts I bought at Dicks for $69 last month. (In fact just today I mailed in the $10 per cam rebate form. Think it runs thru the end of the year) I have 2 Bushnell Trophycams (black flash) & they EAT batteries & are FAR more complicated to use then these WGIs have been! The only thing I like about the Bnells that aren't on the WGIs are the temperature stamp on each photo along with the time stamp. Wish WGI would put that on these Cloak 6s but it's not a deal breaker. I'll likely buy a couple more Cloak 6s soon, no trouble so far.

Here's a few recent critter pics from my west TN swamp.

That faint, gray block in the background is the metal roof of my farmhouse 80yds behind this regular crossing.

This fellow WANTED his pic took!

And how about the trigger speed on this one? That's a hawk that swooped down on a mouse, squirrel, snake whatever just right in front of the cam & it captured the image!
Old 09-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Spike

I have tried many brands and paid over $300 for some to as little as 50. The best I have used so far would be my Browning recons which I found on ebay for 90$, next would be my bushnell's but I paid a lot more for those.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Spike

I have a browning strike force. The field scan is poor. I can not set the pir sensor. On windy days it takes lots of false pics! Field scan times can not be set accuratley or viewd easily with out a program!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had pretty good luck with Brownings and Bushnells. I have founds deals here and there (Cabelas, Natchez, etc.) and gotten several for under $100. Good picture quality, excellent battery life, easy to use. These are basically the only cams I will buy now after using many (Cuddeback, Stealth, Wildview).
After paying as much as $400 for cams, my motto is now "cheaper the better" (cost wise). Seems like no matter what the price for game cams they will crap out on you eventually (few-several years) so you are better with low initial investment and replace as needed.
After reading some posts, I might try a WGI when I see a good sale(??).

Last edited by doughboysigep; 10-05-2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: had another thought
Old 10-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Spike

I just bought a Moultrie A-5 early this year for about $60 and so far its been an awesome camera. Will probably be buying a couple more of them.

Last edited by IdahoHunt; 10-07-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.