Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Any age and score guesses? Was told 180 plus >

Any age and score guesses? Was told 180 plus

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Any age and score guesses? Was told 180 plus

Old 01-28-2015, 06:50 AM
Spike

Default Any age and score guesses? Was told 180 plus

This guy survived the year even though I had to wrestle the gun from my kids hands...LOL! Any guesses? I can say that I would estimate his bodyweight at around 180.
Attached Thumbnails Any age and score guesses? Was told 180 plus-mfdc4255.jpg   Any age and score guesses? Was told 180 plus-img_0630.jpg   Any age and score guesses? Was told 180 plus-img_06161.jpg   Any age and score guesses? Was told 180 plus-mfdc3016.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

You have a very special deer. 4 year old, possibly 5 scoring 175 to 185.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to tell the size of rack, not used to scoring deer with tiny bodies from down south.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wisbowhunter2009
Hard to tell the size of rack, not used to scoring deer with tiny bodies from down south.
Not funny at all if that was posted as a joke, as anyone with any knowledge of deer should be able to tell that's an older buck with a heck of a good rack no matter what state he's in. He may even be old enough to start going downhill and I'd certainly shoot him if you see him during the 2015 season.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

If you are trying to get a herd of as many 5yr+, 180"+ bucks then I say "good job"! But I wouldn't dare have kept a kid from pulling the trigger on that buck. I've got my boys & guests letting 3y old 120-130"ers walk & my land has produced 180"+ typs & 200"+ non-typs but NO WAY would I have told them to hold off on that buck! He's got EVERYTHING most look for in a trophy... Be careful on making kids/less experienced hunters let bucks of that caliber walk, you could turn them off of the sport! Everything I see in those pics lead me to believe that he's mature!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Topgun, reason why i said that is because down south there bodies are a lot smaller. Up north here as you should know, our deer are a lot bigger. Hunted with a taxidermist and he told me the bigger the body the older the deer in most cases, along with there face, how big the hindquarters are, and especially the sagging gut. SO with that being said, im not used to aging deer with smaller bodies. No doubt that is a phenomenal buck! I'd def. shoot it.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

wisbowhunter2009---Have you ever hunted "down there" to make a general statement like you have now twice? Trust me that after having hunted "up here" since the 60s and "down there" since the early 70s that there are many big deer "down there" and that is certainly one of them! The OP mentioned that he estimated the weight at 180#, which certainly isn't a small one, and IMHO he may be underestimating the weight of that great buck.