Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
What's a reasonably priced camera >

What's a reasonably priced camera

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What's a reasonably priced camera

Old 11-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's a reasonably priced camera

For mostly home security use and occasional deer spotting scouting.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Google Wing Supply. They have a huge sale going on right now. Look for the Covert MP6or 5. Great camera for that price!!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Valentine......go to www.chasingame.com and check out the many trail cameras available,there are non-visable Black-Flash cameras,Cameras that will use a Sim Card and send pics to Your Cell Phone and the normal lower cost trail cameras that simply use an SD card to store the pics!

Bushnell are good quality Cameras,Moultrie is another,Cuddeback are pretty good and the RecoynX are the best are far as quality,performance and Customer Service in my opinion but cost is $400.00-$500.00 + range.

There are many others to check out also so it's up to You to check out different Makes,Models and Brands and ask lots of Questions before purchasing one!

You sure You want to look into this new High Tech stuff....might go against Your Nature?
Old 11-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one SpyPoint BF7 which is a total black flash. I have walked by it , up close at night. There is absolutely no light detected by the human eye. I did not do the following on purpose but his is what happened. Another camera in the area happened to face toward the black flash. When an animal walked by the black flash, the other camera took a picture when the black flash triggered. The black flash viewed from the other camera showed up like a white flash.
The SpyPoint BF7 takes excellent daytime pictures or video depending on which it is set for. At night, it reaches out a good distance detecting movement, but one is unable to view what the camera detected unless whatever caused the movement, comes in close to the camera. For this to happen, the camera has to be set on video, not picture. I contacted SpyPoint, where they suggested to turn the sensitivity down. This I did, but whatever is detected still has to come closer to the camera for proper viewing or identification. This is due to the camera being a black flash (using a black lens) there by cutting down visibility. This camera was in the approximately $300.00 range. I use mine for wildlife and security, but I will not buy another black flash for the reason if it detected some problem, and that problem did not come closer to the camera, then the camera is virtually useless in that scenario.
Another site to check is: http://www.trailcampro.com for reviews. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of good info here Valentine.......read up,wipe Your feet and bring Your Billfold.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

most of the cams I have bought in recent years have been used.. I recently bought 4 moultre D55ir cams for $125 all functioned great with no issues..
Old 11-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I focus on the $200 range.
The cheaper the camera, the slower the trigger and more batteries your going to be buying.
Put that cost of batteries against a better camera and you won't be buying them as often.

Out of all of my cameras, I prefer my Reconyx HC500 which I paid $325 because I had a bunch of Cabelas points built up.
It will take about 22-24,000 pics on a set of batteries.
My last time I switched batteries in it (Energizer AA lithiums) they last 14months and I leave it out about 10months out of the year.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If You check out the Moultrie Web Site they are selling several different Models that are refurbished for a lot less money,and the Wings Site has god prices also.You can also check many other Big Names Stores for prices also like Cabelas,BassPro,Dicks etc..!

I really like my small compact Moultrie Cameras And they have much faster trigger speeds and take larger SD cards for more pics.The M-80,M-880 and M-100 are good reliable cameras in my opinion!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

i like some of the high end cams but I run 5 or 6 at a time and can't afford Reconyx money...lol
Old 12-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks for the help

Getting into the lingo. Some good info on security/hunting cams.
Expect to start with security and then get a cam for hunting.
Ha, really spread the cost out over a year.
Thanks again. Was away from trail cams for a few years. And it's changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.