Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wi-Fi Trail Cam

Old 09-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Spike

Default Wi-Fi Trail Cam

I have a couple of the Bushnell Trophy Cams which I really like. I'm looking to update some though and I have been thinking about a couple new wifi cams so I do not have to go out and physically check them. With my work schedule and the farms I hunt this could be a great asset to me. My question though is are these worth it? I don't mind spending money when it is justified. Do you guys have any suggestions on the bushnells or any other brands? Thank you.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:18 AM
Spike

Make sure you have cellular service where you put them or they for sure wont be! While your looking at the look at the DLC Covert special ops. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bgkyarcher
Make sure you have cellular service where you put them or they for sure wont be! While your looking at the look at the DLC Covert special ops. Good luck with whatever you choose.
I agree with what was said above. I'm waiting to purchase a few wifi cameras as well due to my changing work schedule, but I don't have the right cellular reception by me right now. To me that might be even more important than the camera its self.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

some listed on ebay for $138 seller is at 98.1% positive with over 7000 items sold. some negative feedback makes you wonder a little bit.. good price for new ones though
Old 11-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they're Wi-Fi, why do you need cell service? Because they get Wi-Fi through a cell service? I thought Wi-Fi was a wireless internet signal?

We have no cell service where we hunt but we have Wi-Fi at the cabin (through DSL). Would we be able to put a camera in the backyard if it's close to the house, where you can still get Wi-Fi?
Old 11-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wifi and cellular are two totally different things.
I believe the OP might be confused or used the wrong term..
Old 11-26-2014, 02:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ever since the cell phone signal trail cams came out, I've wanted one. But we are several miles away from any cell phone service. However, we do have Wi-Fi at the cabin. I've been toying with an outdoor webcam in the backyard and a feeder. Just to be able to check out any bucks while we're not able to get there. But the cost and the effort always get in the way.