Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
D55 software update? >

D55 software update?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

D55 software update?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default D55 software update?

I tried the update for my D55 and it wouldn't work ;-( I dled the the file to the card, then unzipped the file on the same card, then delete the zipped file, I put it in the camera and it didn't do anything, I hit the ok button and it did switch to upgade now but couldn't get it to say yes, will try dling the file to computer and unzipping the file then copying to card, and see if it works
Old 09-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is this update supposed to do?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

PastorJim08: the up date is to change the delay which is now one minute, to add a 15 second and a 30 second delay. This is for the Moultrie Game Spy D55 and D55-IR. I did this to my D55-IR. I downloaded the update (make sure you download the correct version). Now open the download with Winzip. I am using Windows Xp. This went into my documents. I then put an SD card into my computer, and sent the unzipped file to the card. After that, just follow Moultrie instructions. I found having the instructions either on the computer screen or printed out is a big help as it is infront of you. Another suggestion, is keep this up date on an SD card, for future use or incase Moultrie happens to pull the software update.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Littlearrow, I did the same thing again just to see if I messed it up, saved the zip to my computer then unzipped it to my card just want to make sure of something the ziped file is 692kbs and the unziped is 950 kbs same name on both and only one file unzipped, is that about what you got? just a little bit bigger file? I clicked on the D55 update not the d55ir
Old 09-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

fasterem: this how mine shows in My Documents after unzipping. D55IR-Moultrie update 692KB. 1) mine was the D55-IR and 2) after unzipping, I then sent the file to my SD card. I kept the unzipped file on the SD card. I just inserted the card in my computer and double clicked onit. When it opens, I have a folder named DCIM and beside it (looks like a sheet of paper with the right top corner folded over). This is named 135ISPFW Bin File 950 KB. Good luck.

Last edited by littlearrow; 09-17-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Adding more information.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

when you turn your camera to AIM after inserting the card did it come up with the update now? mine didn't for some reason the first time I tried this I actually had to hit the menu button or something to get it to say that but I couldn't get it to say yes, probably going to try it again tomorow
Old 09-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

fasterem:If you had to hit the menu button to read update now, this may be alright. Mine came up with "Wait starting" then "UPGRADE SOFTWARE" with "NO" underneath. Press the "UP" button once. This is the little round button (top) one of the five toward the lower right of the camera. The display should now show "UPGRADE SOFTWARE" with "YES" underneath. Press the "OK" button once and the software upgrade will begin. The software upgrade takes about 2 minutes. The camera display will show: "WAIT 2 MINUTES TO UPGRADE". Upon upgrade completion, the camera will restart and show an "UPGRADE OK" message on screen. You may now place the camera switch in the "ON" position. In the camera setup menu, under PHOTO available for a 15 second and 30 second delay. To change from say 15 second to 30 second just hit "OK" (center button) of the five then use either the top "UP" button or the bottom "DOWN" button. After you made your selection, hit "OK". I just left my SD card in the camera until I checked this out. This may not be necessary?? The mode button has to be pressed after turning your camera on before any settings can be changed.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

did the update on my D55 today and it worked swimmingly LOL all updated, wonder tho if the delays are also for when its in video mode too or just in Pic mode? I love this camera its been out in the woods for a month now and has taken well over 4000 pics and over 100 videos and the batteries are still at 50%, absolutly LOVE this camera ;-)
Old 09-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

fasterem: Glad to hear the update worked for you. Hopefully the delays work for both. I'll have to do a check. I have mine D55-IR set for video. I know I get the picture, then the video in day time. I checked the pictures and corresponding videos that I saved, but they are all day time. I either didn't save any night ones or didn't have any.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Spike

Hello,
I have a problem with my camera, because when taking the pictures it does not store on the memory card! I believe that the last time I emptied the card, I deleted some files.
Can someone pass me the link of these files?
My machine: Moultrie MFH-DGS-D55IR