Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie dgs-100

Old 02-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default moultrie dgs-100

i have a older moultrie DGS-100 a friend gave me and would like to see some pics off one of these pictures, i realize its a older camera but anyone still use one? are they are good? and he gave me a SD card with it a 256 MB SD card and it says card locked when i put it in the camera? anyways thanks
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it says "Card Locked" check the SD card to make sure the little slide on the side of the SD card is not in the "Locked" position?If it isn't in the locked position the turn off the camera..pull the SD card and blow on the back side where the brass colored connections are,then blow into the card slot on the camera itself and re-insert the SD card back in the camera....DON'T LAUGH...it works for me on my older Moultrie Camera....other wise You may need to try a different card in the camera.I had lousy luck with the Red,White & Blue SanDisk cards from Wal-Mart and good luck with the Kodak and Moultrie SD cards in my older Moultrie Camera!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
If it says "Card Locked" check the SD card to make sure the little slide on the side of the SD card is not in the "Locked" position?If it isn't in the locked position the turn off the camera..pull the SD card and blow on the back side where the brass colored connections are,then blow into the card slot on the camera itself and re-insert the SD card back in the camera....DON'T LAUGH...it works for me on my older Moultrie Camera....other wise You may need to try a different card in the camera.I had lousy luck with the Red,White & Blue SanDisk cards from Wal-Mart and good luck with the Kodak and Moultrie SD cards in my older Moultrie Camera!

the card WAS indeed in the locked position, BUT i noticed the camera still took pictures, and the pictures ARE on the SD card? so i guess the "lock" on it is usless?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm......thats messed up?If the SD card is in the "Locked" Position it (your camera)should still take pictures/flash per say and save pictures on the internal memory but not onto the "SD Card" itself?Try a different brand of card maybe?On the older Moultrie Camera's you may only be able to use up to a 1GB card or less also.

You could also go to the Moultrie Site and see if you can trouble shoot it from the info on there? www.moultriefeeders.com
Old 02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
Hmmm......thats messed up?If the SD card is in the "Locked" Position it (your camera)should still take pictures/flash per say and save pictures on the internal memory but not onto the "SD Card" itself?Try a different brand of card maybe?On the older Moultrie Camera's you may only be able to use up to a 1GB card or less also.

You could also go to the Moultrie Site and see if you can trouble shoot it from the info on there? www.moultriefeeders.com

just an update. i unlocked the card and it still reads locked on the camera , but the camera works just fine still, is this camera always going to flash even in day pictures? what is the difference between the AUTO flash setting and the ON Flash setting? i can also turn flash off but then would miss out on night pictures wich would prolly be what i mostlley get
Old 02-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

inside test picture. i guess its so bright because im in a smallish room thats collecting all the light ? anyways i still want to see some outdoor pics ..anyone?
Attached Thumbnails moultrie dgs-100-trail-cam-007.jpg  
Old 02-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Setting any trail camera up in a house, when it flashes, the light reflecks off the walls being in a smaller area causing white outs etc. Try setting the camera out side, then from a distance, slowly walk toward it. This will give the camera a chance to trigger in case it has a slower trigger speed. Walking across the camera field of view, the closer you are to the camera, the more chance of it missing you. Also do not face the camera into the rising or seting sun as this causes white outs or very bright areas in the picture. There are lots of members on this forum who are helpful. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think Auto Flash would work in low-light conditions,late evening,early mornings and night time?Try each Flash setting and see what the camera does?

If memory serves me correctly my D-40 flashes day or night...the only other option is like you mentioned to turn the flash on completely but then You miss all the interesting night pictures.I think the option to turning off the flash is just to keep anyone from noticing the camera is there?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Spike

I just saw your post about DGS-100 game camera. I love these cameras. If you still want to see some pics I have plenty. I've used 3 of these cameras for years and they work great as long as you take care of them. I've tried finding more to buy but they are hard to come by! I have some newer cameras as well, but using the C or D cell batteries just don't work as well in West Texas and I haven't found a camera yet that works as well or as easy as the Moultrie DGS-100! I know some people have complained about problems with them but I haven't had anything yet that I wasn't able to fix or correct without spare parts! Let me know if you still want to see some pics!
Old 06-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Spike

I hope that you can help me, and excuse me, I've never used this type of forum. I just got a dgs100, and I need to find a user manual.