Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell Trophy Problems >

Bushnell Trophy Problems

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell Trophy Problems

Old 07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by J.M.A.N.
No....it won't work properly without the SD card inserted before you turn it on and it definately will not go into setup mode.

Your right it won't work and I later discovered the tech was wrong.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks haystack. I can stop wondering if its a danged setting. When I called Bushnell, the service rep I talked to acting as if that was the first time he had ever heard of the problem.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Spike

i had the same problem with the 2010 trophy cam. would fill the card with nothing in a few hours as said before id just return it. nothing i did made mine any better. never had a problem with the 09 cam.
can find some good prices on the 09 on the internet.
good luck.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

I sent an 09 BTC back because it was jumping date/time stamp and we are on day 36 and counting....they even said they were going to send me a Bone Collector to replace it...that was 15 days ago and not even a UPS tracking # on their website.

KY BOB......love the avatar!

Last edited by J.M.A.N.; 07-16-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Update:::

I emailed Bushnell this morning stating my discontent and then phoned the Tech Supervisor three times in the early afternoon (not getting an answer). Jacob called me back within 15 minutes of my calls apologizing for not getting the Bone Collector out to me sooner and within 10 minutes of our conversation I had a UPS tracking # sitting in my email. He said I could expect it by Tuesday of this coming week. My only concern at this time is that if the '10 model is going to have any "issues" in it. Hopefully not. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Spike

I hope there are no "issues" with the 2010 Bone Collector BTC because I bought 4 yesterday and they are on the way. I looked at several reviews over a month and half period and decided this was the best camera to replace all my "flash" moultries. I got a really good deal on walnutcreekarchery.com for 169.00 a piece.....I have six flash cameras so I aint going to be so eager to sell them just yet after reading this post!!! thanks
Old 07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Spike

Has anyone had their Bushnell out in the field for a while? How are they holding up?

Here is an account of my experience so far:

I do not have the new Bone collector model, but I bought the older Black 5 MP model on sale at Cabela's in early March and loaded it with a 2 GB SD card and 8 Energizer AA batteries. I screwed around with it a little around the house, and then I set it up in mid-April in the woods near my camp and checked it in May. It took some really nice pictures in both the day and night, but I noticed that the buttons were not always responding and would sometimes get stuck. I checked it again in early June, once again great pictures, and it seemed to be working fine the buttons were also working fine, it had two battery bars left. Checked it again this weekend, once again there were some nice pictures, but the batteries were dead. The last picture was on June 18. So I took it back to camp and replaced the batteries, turned it on, and I began hearing a hissing noise and started to smell that burning plastic smell. I turned it off and started removing the batteries, but it started smoking before I could get all of them out.

So it looks like I will be calling Cabela's tomorrow, and then Bushnell if needed. I am hoping that I will be able to get a replacement camera, as it had a one year warranty.

Up until now I enjoyed this camera for its small size, good picture quality, good sensitivity, and the fact that it took AA batteries. Hopefully I'll have some luck with customer service.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Spike

i have the bushnell trophy cam bone collector..the problem i am having is all the day pics are completly white.no matter where i face it they all turn out white..the night pics are fine..im thinking the IR is staying on all the time maybe i have recieved a bad cam out of the bunch..but if there is any info on how to fix this problem please let me know..i am using a 8g SD card if that has anything to do with it..please let me know .. [email protected]
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have had my 2010 BTC out since july 5th. It took great day pictures the first month but only about 10 night pictures and they were pretty much all of nothing. So i was a little worried. I set it up in my backyard on video and did some test walking. It looked great outside during the daylight. Then I put it in a dark room and walked around the room like a dork with my hands on my head to be sure I could count fingers. It looked good as well. So I set it out in the field on video August 6th. I will get it around the 25th of August and will post my results. I too have been searching all over the internet to see if anyone is having any cameras with no problems but not many people are posting anything on the 2010 Tc. Look for my update around the 25th.
Mitch
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have had my 2010 BTC out since july 5th. It took great day pictures the first month but only about 10 night pictures and they were pretty much all of nothing. So i was a little worried. I set it up in my backyard on video and did some test walking. It looked great outside during the daylight. Then I put it in a dark room and walked around the room like a dork with my hands on my head to be sure I could count fingers. It looked good as well. So I set it out in the field on video August 6th. I will get it around the 25th of August and will post my results. I too have been searching all over the internet to see if anyone is having any cameras with no problems but not many people are posting anything on the 2010 Tc. Look for my update around the 25th.
Mitch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.