Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera >

Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

Old 10-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

A buddy of mine works at a local co-op here. They sale the Ghost and I was gonna buy one, but he told me that half of what they have sold the people have returned them. Numerous problems with them. I not so sure of buying one now. Maybe they will work the bugs out of them.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 PM

Bought this camera and set it up in an open field near my home. Day one 235 pictures of my yard. Brought it to food plot left it setup for a week...235 pictures of my grass growing....moved it away from any possible limb or anything that could trigger it...235 pictures of the wind. No where in the directions to set the sensitivity of it. Waste of time to bring back to store as it took me 30 minutes to set the dang thing up...best spot for it is in the campfire unless someone has any suggestions
Old 10-28-2008, 10:11 PM

by the way, camera has taken over 750 pictures with the same 4 d duracell batteries and indicator still shows full charge,...just wait till my sledge hits it....
Old 09-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Spike

Default Ghost Camera

Originally Posted by jmartin2236
i purchased the remington ghost about a month ago. i only take photos at night using the flash. it has worked great so far. the only problem i'm having is battery life. i have been using energizer d battery. the camera will only last 4 days at most before it stops taking photos(about 100 photos). i dont believe this is normal. i have never used a game camera before and thought this would be a fine choice for my first one.

any idea on battery life?

thanks, jimmy
Jimmy,
I know this is a long time post, but I know that if you use duracell batteries it will last longer I have had mine in the woods for about 2 months. Also I was told that you have to set the camera north or south away from the sun so it does not catch the shadow setting or rising. Dont if you cover up the red and green lights on the camera will that mess the pictures up? I am new to this so I am just wondering if this is how you post. I have a few good pics also it may just be some peoples camera.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Catskillian
Bought this camera and set it up in an open field near my home. Day one 235 pictures of my yard. Brought it to food plot left it setup for a week...235 pictures of my grass growing....moved it away from any possible limb or anything that could trigger it...235 pictures of the wind. No where in the directions to set the sensitivity of it. Waste of time to bring back to store as it took me 30 minutes to set the dang thing up...best spot for it is in the campfire unless someone has any suggestions
I do know that if you face the camera east or west it will catch the shadow of the sun rising and setting. I have one of these cameras and the photos are not too bad.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jmartin2236
i purchased the remington ghost about a month ago. i only take photos at night using the flash. it has worked great so far. the only problem i'm having is battery life. i have been using energizer d battery. the camera will only last 4 days at most before it stops taking photos(about 100 photos). i dont believe this is normal. i have never used a game camera before and thought this would be a fine choice for my first one.

any idea on battery life?

thanks, jimmy
Jimmy,
if you still have this camera switch to duracell the battery terminal are taller that the energizer that will help with battery llife