Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera >

Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

Old 08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

I lost a week of scouting time on an impulse buy thanks to this stupid camera... bad reviews are trickling in but they are consistently bad! I purchased mine from Walmart and I had no issues with Virus on the SD Card or CD (both have been reported). I put it out in the field and it took 24 pics. Every single one of them unreadable by the computer... the pic was not recognized as a jpg! My hunting spot is 40 miles away! I don't have time to be wasting on a product that's been delivering results that are as consistently bad as the reviews on this camera suggest... I'm disappointed in Remmington.

Mine has been taken back and replaced by a Stealth Cam 550. No IR, but I'll live... at least it works.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

AND, FYI - at the Basspro fall hunting sale the 5mp Stealth Cam was only $99 ($30 off)!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

I saw them at my store and they were $137.

Rick
Old 08-11-2008, 11:46 PM

Mine doesn't work. Luckily, I saved the receipt because I am returning it. I called the 800 # on the inside of the camera cover & spoke to BA products, the company that makes the camera. I explained how it was acting up, and they told me that they had seen similar issues it seems to take pics whenever it wants too & sometimes not at all). I made sure with the guy I talked to that it was set up correctly & it was. They advised me to return it for another one. Yeah right! I'm not getting burned again. I'm going to just buy another Moultrie. I have 2 Moultries & no major issues with them.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 PM

Sorry, more details. I agree with bscofield. The pics I got were unreadable. They just showed up as a blank gray screen or a bright white screen. I don't have a 4 wheeler, & I walk about 2 miles back to where I hang my cameras. I lost 2 weeks of scouting b/c I went to check for pics after 2 weeks & had nothing.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WVboy81

Sorry, more details. I agree with bscofield. The pics I got were unreadable. They just showed up as a blank gray screen or a bright white screen. I don't have a 4 wheeler, & I walk about 2 miles back to where I hang my cameras. I lost 2 weeks of scouting b/c I went to check for pics after 2 weeks & had nothing.
Pain in the butt! I have the Stealth Cam 550 out right now, same spot that fired off 24 pics the other day (hopefully not at nothing or I'm sticking to the same spot for no reason!) [:@]

If this doesn't produce anything in 2 weeks when I go check it then I'm going to be scouting 2-3 weeks before the season! What a bad situation... what a bad camera! Too bad too, the price was awesome for 5mp IR cam...

To be fair, I read on aCam review site (could have been chasinggame.com) that the camo versions that were arriving in some stores where working properly. I have not seen this confirmed by anyone yet...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone,

The camo version has been looked at by chasingame, and the verdict is that it has given up "the ghost".

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Old 08-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

TOO BAD...

WELP... IF IT LOOKS TO BE GOOD TO BE TRUE...
Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought this camera at Wally World on a whim (before reading all the bad reviews) and I ended up taking it back and getting the Moultrie.

The IR pics were okay (decent quality, black and white) but the daytime pics and the incandescent flash pics were HORRIBLE. The color was way off, and the camera resets the time and date if you turn the power off. It's not a good camera at all. I like my Moultrie for $100 much better.

Here's a daytime and nightime pic with the Remington cam:

Old 09-22-2008, 11:23 AM

i purchased the remington ghost about a month ago. i only take photos at night using the flash. it has worked great so far. the only problem i'm having is battery life. i have been using energizer d battery. the camera will only last 4 days at most before it stops taking photos(about 100 photos). i dont believe this is normal. i have never used a game camera before and thought this would be a fine choice for my first one.

any idea on battery life?

thanks, jimmy

Quick Reply: Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.