Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Lots of Piggies!

Old 03-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lots of Piggies!

Well, I put some corn out on my new property to see what it would attract and it SURE attracted the piggies and racoons!

One interesting thing, I see a lot of pictures of racoons and deer eating at the same feeder, but the pigs and racoons didn't seem to like to share. Once the pigs came in you don't see any more racoons.

I thought this was a neat picture with all the piglets in a circle:

Kind of disappointed, no pictures of deer or coyotes or anything fun like that. My Moultrie 200 took 382 pictures but about 350 of those were of the sun reflecting off the pond and the rest were of cows. So I moved it to a trail, we'll see if it gets any pictures.

The Bushnell 119200 didn't take a zillion false images this time, but it only worked for 10 days and 30 pictures before the batteries went dead. Got some nice pictures of cows walking the trail, and some pigs walking the trail at night but nothing else.

The Stealth battery isamazing. It took 352 pictures and most of those were at night and the 6 volt external battery still showed a full charge. It has now been out for 6 weeks. The moultrie battery was showing 99% and I didn't figure it would take many pictures on the trail, so I figured I would put the solar panel on the stealth for the nextfew weeks.

I posted some more pics on my photo gallery - http://padens.com/ipw-web/gallery/trailcams?page=2

Oh well, I thought I would share. I think I'll wait a month or so and get ready for some serious pig bbq!

Old 03-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Lots of Piggies!

Looks like the Racoons are as big of piggies as the piggiesGood pics
Old 03-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Raccoons can tear up your feed quickly... might want to go raccoon hunting. We have pictures of raccoons of five at a time not eleven... dang that's a lot.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice pictures! man, you need some coon hunters in there!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do plan on doing some pig hunting next month or so. Are the little ones worth shooting or are they better left alone to grow up to make a good pig roast out of?

I've already got some volunteers to go raccoon hunting. One of my co-workers has a lake cabin and a raccoon took up residence in his attic and didn't feel the need to leave the premises to take care of it's bodily functions so he isn't a big fan of raccoons!

Any tips or tricks to raccoon hunting?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

kill big and small but eat the small ones. Big piggies arent that good to me but the small little tender ones sure are goooooooood
Old 03-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: npaden

I do plan on doing some pig hunting next month or so. Are the little ones worth shooting or are they better left alone to grow up to make a good pig roast out of?

I've already got some volunteers to go raccoon hunting. One of my co-workers has a lake cabin and a raccoon took up residence in his attic and didn't feel the need to leave the premises to take care of it's bodily functions so he isn't a big fan of raccoons!

Any tips or tricks to raccoon hunting?
A good coon dog, light! and .22 rifle
Old 03-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trap or shoot them at night.

Just some info:

http://wildlife.tamu.edu/publications/CA_C101.PDF

Old 03-26-2007, 01:01 PM

do what we do, set out have-a-heart traps... you can bait them with pretty much anything, cat food, corn, leftovers, etc.... the coons around here aren't very hard to catch... then just do what you please with them when you check the traps...

Old 03-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think the have a heart traps would be very humane for me. I get down there and check on the place about every two weeks right now. Would be a pretty miserable death for a raccoon trapped in one with no food or water.

Might be something I could use when I spend the night down there though.

Quick Reply: Lots of Piggies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.