Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Cuddeback Excite pics/opinions >

Cuddeback Excite pics/opinions

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback Excite pics/opinions

Old 10-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cuddeback Excite pics/opinions

Here are a few pics from my new Excite 2.0 mp. I have been generally happy with it. It was a bit difficult to get set up (on the tree) correctly - seems to need to be very low. Picture quality ispretty goodand batteries still going strong. Seems to miss some pics (I have another cam in same area which gets more pics - ???). The flash range doesn't seem too great. For the cost, however, I think I would have gotten another (more cheaper ones). Additionally, I have read bad things about it on chasinggame.com which worry me. We will see (and return if there are problems).

Old 10-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cuddeback Excite pics/opinions

nice pics. What are the red flags on the brush pile?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are marking some trees I planted (and that the deer have basically eaten!!). the area in general is a small food plot I made this past year (only .1 ac.). the deer haven't seemed to be eating it much (however, it never really got very high, so maybe they were), but recent pics have shown them eating at the clover and cereal rye. the log pile is the leftover of the trees I cleared and it will serve a a nice blind (you can see the "hole" where I'll be sitting)
Old 10-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a Cuddeback Excite a few weeks ago and have yet to even use it yet. Looks like a total pain in the butt to fasten it on to the tree. Not only did I have to fork out extra jack for memory cards, but I can't look at the photos on the camera, AND I have to purchase a wire or cable or something to strap it onto the tree. So by the time I'm done saving money on buying a "cheaper" camera, I could've just saved the hassle and bought one that comes with everything you need and is ready to go right out of the box.

With that said, I'll be putting it out for the first time this weekend. This thing better take some good pictures or it's destined for eBay.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Spike

ive had no problems with mine. i screw it to the tree with a phillips screw(have to carry screwdriver with me). battery plate sucks. has to be mounted very low to ground. good battery life. excellent pic quality. descent flash range. good sensitivity. easy to work. bought a card reader for $20. 2-512mb CF cards for $30 bucks each. $275 for camera. not very cheap. this is my first digital cam and have already seen their value as opposed to 35mm. taken about 1200 pics.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

i use the expert and like it... use zip ties to attach the camera to the tree it works very well plus they're cheap and fast