Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

new traditional head gear

Old 10-26-2016, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

BPS that is some story true or not.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That looks like a good hat for a rendezvous shoot or something, not for hunting. Cool hat though.

I read an article in a magazine years ago about a guy that got shot on public land wearing a blaze orange jumpsuit. Shooter said he "thought it was a turkey". Incredible what morons there are out there. Around my area, if I had to hunt public land... it would only be on weekdays and after the main hunting rush is over. Just ain't worth it, too many folks crowd in around here.

My dad hunts in PA, he was sitting in the truck one year on opening day waiting on his hunting partner (around lunch time)... a guy came running out of the woods in total panic. Said he had been shot at when he was walking out... he was wearing alot of blaze and had a treestand on his back.

I think some folks just want to get something so bad, their mind plays tricks on them in the heat of the moment. There is no other explanation and certainly no excuse. I saw my son walking on the side of a mountain about 700yds away last year, with a blaze vest and hat on. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:17 PM
Banned

man i love it! i got it in today and its a great looking and feeling hat. Extremely warm, will be great for winter use. I can also slip the hat down over half of my ears, so thats a very nice thing. Can not stand cold ears!
Old 10-29-2016, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
man i love it! i got it in today and its a great looking and feeling hat. Extremely warm, will be great for winter use. I can also slip the hat down over half of my ears, so thats a very nice thing. Can not stand cold ears!
Is that from Fraser's. ?? Or somewhere else?
Old 10-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Banned

Smith Cabin off ebay. For once someone had some nice hats to offer on there lol.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:40 PM
Banned

I REALLY like this hat. I have a hard time not wearing it around the house lol. Im still in NM but once I get home I plan on getting decked out in traditional gear and then go do some shooting and take pics.

You can see the way the hat was cut, theres enough flap to cover more than half of my ears which is great since the tops of my ears are sensitive to cold. Im not wearing the hat pulled down all of the way in the pic.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 09-23-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Banned

I got a small amount of clothing ordered and some came in yesterday. The hat looks great with my new shirt! Also put a pheasant tail feather in it instead for better coloring.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Banned

My original drop front trousers shrunk badly on me, so I sent them back for a refund. An online buddy said he may have a set that will fit me, so we did some trading and I got out today with the new trousers. They look and feel excellent. A nice 55* day today so it was perfect for pictures and a hike. My dog actually jumped a deer off the mountain and it ran 10-12 feet from me while I was taking a picture LOL.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 09-23-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jon...

Your ball bag is showing!...

BPS
Old 12-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Jon...

Your ball bag is showing!...

BPS
Hahahahaha!!!

It bothers my neck to much, so on the belt it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.