Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Fun time on the range

Old 08-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Banned

Default Fun time on the range

Took a couple friends out to the range yesterday with a the traditions hawken woodsman and the cva mountain pistol. One hell of a fun time! I had the targets and then water jugs, they got a kick out of the water bottles exploding.

.490" round balls
.015 patches lubed with Buckskinners blend patch lube
70-90gr Jim Shockeys Gold Super Powder

Ranges from 11 yards ( pistol ) to 50 yards.

And of course Robert with his beard and smaller size, fit perfectly into a drop sleeve shirt I had that was to small for me.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 09-23-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like a fun day. And who could not get a kick out of shooting water bottles. I'm glad someone is making smoke. I'm still waiting for temperatures to get down to the low-80's.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I picked up a water balloon jug at CVS last year at end of season. You fill it with water, pump it up and put a balloon on the nozzle and fill it up. I haven't had a chance yet to use it for targets as the grandkids are having too much fun with it for water balloon battles in the backyard!
Looks like you guys had fun.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The older we get, the more the heat bothers us. Same here in Virginia. Temps in the upper '90's and a wet bulb temp as high as 110+. Very uncomfortable. Went to the range yesterday and it was nice to get out, but very uncomfortable. Couldn't wait to get home and a nice cold shower!!! God bless the guy who invented the shower!!!
Old 08-20-2016, 11:14 PM
Banned

Believe it or not, we've had a cold snap for the past 4 days! Today was the coldest. I actually had to wear a long sleeve in order to be comfortable.

Lots of rain too. I hope it keeps up till hunting season so the ground isn't so crunchy.

Hope to cast some .50cal balls tomorrow so I can sight in for my bear hunt.