Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The rut is Swigning

Old 11-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default The rut is Swigning

I've been out everyday for the past 4 1/2 weeks and the buck are really starting to move! This morning I pulled a drag rag behind me for over 100 yds. and hung it 5 yds. in front of me. At 7 a.m. I see this buck coming like a beagle on a rabbit! He came right under my feet and stopped by the rag. He was a smallish 7 point so I didn't shoot but it was exciting anyway! How's any body else doing?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The rut is Swigning

welp work is keeping me tight up except for only two days a week, then with the kids, i am struggling to get into the woods. Havent seen anything very promising as of yet like last year. Hey what do u think of a samick recurve bow?? Thinking about going traditional
Old 11-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I shot one this past summer at a sporting goods store in Maine. They we very accurate but had a lot of vibration that I'm sure could be eliminated with brush buttons and string silencers. Have fun with the traditional equipment but be sure and be humane which ever way you go, those are still live critters we shoot at!
Old 11-06-2004, 06:59 PM

Getting moving here in Colorado. Curious, how do you hunt the hot weather? Been unseasonably hot last few days.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:37 PM

Well im not sure that the rut is in full swing. I live in the Central IL area. But I can tell it is the pre-rut time agian. This last Thursday i managed to make it out to mothers natures woods. I saw a buck with a doe. He was running her a bit but not like he will in another week. Then i went huntin 2day an didnt see a buck at all but saw 6 does in a 4 hour period. Managed to arrow 1 of them. Going to try a drag rag 2morrow in hope of seein a buck.