Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

KY Tradfest

Old 03-22-2015, 08:09 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default KY Tradfest

It's coming up next month--the 10th, 11th, and 12th of April in Harrodsburg, KY. Anyone else going? I'll be there with BCY.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:38 AM
Spike

Default just saying hi

just saw your from mississippi, me to. i'm in pontotoc co. i'm just getting into traditional archery have been using a compound for 30 years or so. i bought one of the sage bows last week from bass pro but didnt get a bow stringer now i'm waiting for one to come in. i read in one of the other post where you were talking about arrows and heads. i had just bought a set of carbon arrows last year and some of the g5 heads and was hoping i could use them. i got the #55 pound bow. do most folks use a flipper rest or something or just nothing. i read what you were saying about the lite carbon arrows not being the right match for a traditional bow what would you think would be a good choice. i still have some 2017 aluminum arrows would they be any better than the carbons. my old compound is set at #70 and doesn't have any let off and i just use a glove to shoot with. i been using it without sights so i hope the transition over to the recurve will go easy. i'm really looking forward to learning this bow good enough to hunt with. i need all the tips you can give so holler back at me when you get the chance. dan
Old 03-31-2015, 04:43 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Dan, e-mail me - [email protected] . I'm in Itawamba county, not far from Fulton. Be glad to help.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:13 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Tradfest was nice--a little soggy Friday, but after the morning rain it cleared up to be a beautiful weekend.

Attendance was down--seems to be a trend the last few years at a lot of tournaments, along with the fact that the weather forecast looked wet until just a couple of days before the event--I'm sure that didn't help.

Headed to our NASP State Championship Wednesday, then the TN Classic at Twin Oaks the first weekend in May.