Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Anything New?

Old 02-19-2015, 06:01 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Anything New?

I've already been to the ATA, K-zoo, and Vegas this year but I was working and didn't get to walk around and look much at all.

I did notice that Great Tree is bringing on a kid/youth/ladies line of traditional bows that should be very affordable, and they looked great.

BCY's newest offering is their Power Grip serving, and some new color combos in 452X. I don't think the new color combos will be on their site--have to call for those. Some were REALLY sharp.

Saw a lot of new places offering traditional gear at the ATA, but can't remember the names of them. Don't think any were from the U.S.

The archery industry as a whole seems to be very healthy and doing really well--hopefully a good sign for the future.

I know the NASP Nationals has gotten bigger yet again--this year the tournament will be all day Thursday, all day Friday, and into the evening Saturday. Last year a Thursday evening line was added. It's getting bigger every year.

Looks to be a great time to be an archer!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have not had time to go to our local archery range in over 13 months because work has been burying me.

Last time I went however there was a lot of youth getting into archery.

Thus the Olympic recurve bows are quite popular now.

When adults get into archery for the first time they tend to buy el cheapo compound bows instead. This gives them pretty good accuracy -- at least they are on the bale -- with really untrained crappy form.

I love practicing with my take down recurve at the range. But it has been a while.