Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Samick Sage ?

Old 12-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Spike

Default Samick Sage ?

Found a guy wanting to sell his Samick Sage #45 bow with a few extras, Tru Glo Tuff-Loc quiver,10 Cabelas carbon Stalker Extreme arrows, leather finger glove and some Beaver Balls. He is wanting to get $150 for it all and I am thinking I should make the deal.
I am just not sure of myself knowing what all to look for buying a used bow. I have not even had one in 20 years and that was a compound. I would guess to check twists and for any obvious defects and cracks at stress points. Anything else ?
I will also pick up some #30 or #35 limbs.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:39 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a pretty good deal if the bow is in good shape. Might be someone who was thinking about getting into traditional, bought the stuff, then gave up.

The arrows may or may not work for you. At worst, you can make them into flu-flu's.

Twisted limbs would be the big thing to check for, and obvious signs of abuse.

Picking up a copy of "Masters of the Barebow, Volume III" wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Spike

Thanks for the response. The guy had a family emergency and is out of state. If he still wants to do the deal, I will go for it.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing wrong with that bow if the arrows work. You can get them on Ebay brand new for 120.00 or under. Make sure that 45# is good enough for you. I'm 65 and shoot nothing under 60#s.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Spike

The guy said he has a family emergency so the deal is not happening till he returns from out of state.
Not sure those arrows are right for the bow. May have to sell them and find some more suited to what would be needed.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:43 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If this one doesn't pan out, you can get the bow new for around $130, then get the accessories you want and arrows that will work for you. The Sage is a great deal, or the Journey if you have a longer draw.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:45 AM
Spike

I think I will give the guy a few more days .Then let him know I am interested if he still wants to go through with it.
I have found it new for $127 w/shipping. Just not sure of the source and how well they will take care of any problems that may come up.
Best part is, I am not in a hurry and can keep on the lookout for a happy outcome. With this bow I would need to pickup a set of lighter limbs to start with seeing as I have not shot in over 20 years. I just might be talking myself out of the deal.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:07 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

A reputable dealer may be worth a few dollars difference, if you go that route. Sometimes saving a dime costs a few dollars...found that out the hard way myself.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Spike

I think you are reading my mind. The more I think about it and the more I have read about buying used bows. I think I will make him an offer and if he won't bite. I go elsewhere. Or maybe I just go elsewhere.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:13 AM
Spike

Found out yesterday that Tuffy's Outpost in Fond du Lac,WI. will be adding Samick to the line of bows they carry. This is the same shop my 7 year old daughter Samantha has started archery lessons at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.