Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Any Luck?

Old 12-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

No bow kill for me this year but with a strike-out on our September griz/stone sheep hunt and last year's mtn goat vanishing rapidly from the freezer I opted for the TC contender over the recurve for whitetail. As it turned out I probably could have arrowed the 200#, 5X6 I did tip over.

My daughter and I just did the IBEP course a few weeks ago and it has renewed her desire to get out hunting so she's getting a legal hunting weight bow (recurve) for Christmas. Bring on the spring bear!

RC
Old 12-15-2014, 05:59 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I'm in the same boat Bob. Way behind...I wanted to have 1,000 strings on hand by the end of the year, I'll be lucky if I have 500. Haven't been able to get to my main spot most of the season due to flooding, and another place I was working on didn't come through yet. Maybe next year...at least we have plenty of meat in the freezer thanks to friends.

Very cool news about your daughter RC! One of the big reasons I'm so tied up is I became very involved with the National Archery in the Schools Program a few years ago, and that takes a lot of my time. Doing more and more with BCY also--start travelling in January, got trips lined up through August, I think. Still want to get up there and chase a bear one of these days......
Old 12-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Still want to get up there and chase a bear one of these days......
Don't think we'll run out any time soon!

RC