Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Any Luck?

Old 10-27-2014, 07:05 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Any Luck?

I've been stupid busy in my shop, trying to get ready for the upcoming NASP season (we start with tryouts tomorrow). That's one of several reasons (excuses) I let the season sneak up on me and I wasn't prepared. Only been hunting twice, no luck at all either time. A couple of my buds have put meat in the freezer though.

How about ya'll?
Old 10-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been out twice myself and haven't seen a deer yet...but the rut is starting to pick up around here and vacation time is next week, so we'll see what happens
Old 10-28-2014, 05:56 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Best of luck to you!

I'll never be caught up by my deadline, but I plan to hunt all the same. Got to get a stand moved...better late than never I reckon.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I have been out just twice. Took a lighter longbow that does not mess up my hand (an Ipe, bamboo, osage R/d bow at 60lb @ 28"). Could have shot deer every time out. Just nothing worth shooting yet. Young 8 points, 6 points, spikes, and fawns. Every mature doe to come in sight always seems to keep brush between her and me. I might get a chance to go out Sat. afternoon. Might have something to post then.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been a lot this year, I passed on a doe with some yearlings and last Saturday I was just about to get out of my blind when an 8 point came out so today was processing day. He wasn't no trophy but the back straps we had for dinner were the best venison I've ever had, also made up 30 pounds of sausage.

Good luck guys, I've been blessed to be able to hunt a lot this year, I'll get one or two more and a pig decides to show, I'll tag him too.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:15 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

My best friend has taken 3, another good friend one, and I'm still 0 for 2. I did make some progress at getting a stand moved. Had a NASP coach's meeting today. Still plan to hunt some before I start travelling in Jan.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Spike

Was up north this past weekend and took my very first trad animal. I have only been shooting since May, and I was determined to get accurate enough to kill something. 15 yard broadside shot, full pass thru with the arrow and the buck was down! No monster but he's meat for the freezer, and my very first archery deer.
http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/galle...123_094920.jpg
Old 12-08-2014, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by fowloutlawscanada
Was up north this past weekend and took my very first trad animal. I have only been shooting since May, and I was determined to get accurate enough to kill something. 15 yard broadside shot, full pass thru with the arrow and the buck was down! No monster but he's meat for the freezer, and my very first archery deer.
http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/galle...123_094920.jpg
Good job! I'm not too worried about antlers; I've never found a good way to cook them.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:21 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Congrats! Still nothing here...but that's ok. Already working on a plan for next year.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LBR
Congrats! Still nothing here...but that's ok. Already working on a plan for next year.
I haven't hunted since I took that 8 point this year; my Christmas knife orders went through the roof. I'm sure I won't hunt anymore this year either. Just don't have the time, I'm can't believe I'm saying that, I guess I'm getting too old to chase hobbies that don't produce income.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.