Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
New bowhunter this season! Points on starting? >

New bowhunter this season! Points on starting?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New bowhunter this season! Points on starting?

Old 11-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Spike

I did indeed buy a bow shortly after my last post, got all geared up over the course of the summer and practiced every other day or more often. its addicting. I have been hunting with it this year, mostly just small game, and ive got a naturally made blind on my property near my food plot. ive got tons of sign and some very good pics on my trail cameras but have yet to see a buck in person from the blind, I have seen does though.

I don't have a portable stand, that's something I will get this winter for predator hunting and work it into my bow season next year, but I am making progress I feel. and its a downside I don't have a good spot to set up a stand on my property so I'm going to have to stick with the blind in the close to home spots. does anybody recommend any blinds/gear a guy should get to help be more successful? I'm slowly working at honing my skills and getting everything but a point in the right direction would help greatly!
Old 01-20-2017, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Don't get rigid in your practice. Get a ball or self healing rifle target and throw it out in the grass. Better if at the base of an incline so you don't scoot arrows under the grass. Shoot at it, pull your arrows and kick or throw the ball. The distance always varies and teaches you to judge yardage better an be a better shot. Plus its more fun.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Spike

I been trad b h since 1968 I shoot vintage bear bows my favorite is a kodiac I shoot fingers shelf and instinctive ii rec go to archery shop some have indoor range try to do every shot the same release a video taken will help of you shooting also good I can t explain but I shoot by feel point of aim shoot a lot dif yds you will get it I don t claim to be expert but these tips help me g luck bear bow 49
Old 09-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Banned

I also use Lancaster Archery and they're only 45min away on a bad day. Very helpful staff. I've gone fron compound to recurve and chose the Samick Sage. It's a nice beginner to intermediate bow. My 10yo daughter just picked one up with 25lb limbs, it'll be able to grow with her as her draw strength improves since the riser stays the same.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:46 AM
Banned

thanks ^_^