Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
TN Classic at Twin Oaks >

TN Classic at Twin Oaks

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

TN Classic at Twin Oaks

Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default TN Classic at Twin Oaks

I'll be there either Thursday or Friday at the BCY table. Great shoot, great folks, lots of vendors, plenty of camping or just a short drive from Clarkesville where there are plenty of motels ranging from cheap to fancy.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Spike

Good people down there! How is Pappy? Hope he's in good health. He used to come up to a traditional shoot in Erie,Pa. around the end of may. Traded a custom made knife blank for some rivercain from him. I dont go to the shoots anymore cause of my health, But you see pappy tell him that Dave (from leather or hide) said howdy! Have fun and shoot straight.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:48 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

He had some problems a while back, but as far as I know he's doing fine these days. Must be to be able to handle running that shoot! I'll tell him "howdy" for you.

Do you go to any shoots in PA? I plan to be at Denton Hill later this year.

Chad
Old 04-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Spike

Denton Hill is a good time! Thats the biggest traditional shoot on the east coast. You'll get around 10,000 there. And alot of the big bowers and vendor go to this. Hope you have a place to camp it fills up fast. I dont go to shoots anymore, its my heart and breathing. cant get around had to stop hunting too. So now i teach my grandkids ( I have 12 from 5-14yrs.) how to shoot traditional and primitive archery. It keeps me going and in touch.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:17 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

This will be my third trip to the ETAR--it is a blast. We aren't camping--will be staying at the Potato City Inn.

Sorry you can't go to shoots anymore--I hope I can keep going until I'm toes-up!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:17 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

It was great. Weather was perfect, attendance was probably record-setting. I didn't get to shoot the course, but I've shot it many times before--always a challenge. Already looking forward to next year!