Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Traditional Shoot

Old 01-14-2002, 03:00 PM

Default Traditional Shoot

This is an early heads up for those of you who are in the southern Michigan, northern Ohio area. Detroit Archers is hosting their 2002 Longbow and Recurve Indoor 3-D Championship and Money Shootout on March 2nd & 3rd. The shoot will include 40 arrows at 3-D targets with all shots under 30yrds. Awards for Longbow, Recurve, Womens Traditional and Youth. No sights or drawchecks, and one finger must touch the nock. Shooting times are Saturday, 1PM-4PM and Sunday 9AM-1PM. $10 Adults, $5 Youth under 18. On Sunday at 1:30PM there will be a Money Shootout with guaranteed cash prizes for Longbow and Recurve winners: First Place - $100, Second Place $50. Cost to register for the Money Shootout - $20. For directions to the club:
http://home.netcom.com/~jtmaurer/dahome.htm
I'm fully expecting to see Chessbum and Tox there; after all, at our last trad shoot we had three past IBO Champions.

Jack

Edited by - Floxter on 01/14/2002 16:41:43
Old 01-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Traditional Shoot

Way to encourage us by tellin us there is going to be good shooters there!
I will be there though, I promise you that. Maybe I can win the youth class, I need to win some more trophies for my room. I am going to order some arrows this friday and get shooting. Chek-mate should sponser this up-and-coming archer! I'll have to go get some yellow and orange spray paint, some poly, and get my yellow and orange shield cuts. Got to be pretty.
P.S. Don't tell anybody under 18 about this shoot.......I am not good enough to yet, so the less the better!
Old 01-14-2002, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

I just went to their site and HOLY CRAP! $500 dollars for a membership? I could work 24 hours and have half taken off, but that is still ridiculous. 300 hours for a $1 annual fee. That is like working for 12 hours a day for a whole month. That is rough! Floxter, are you a member there?
Ford archers costs like $120 if you DON"T work, 60 if you work like 10 hours. I am definitely going to this shoot now to see where the members' money is going!
Old 01-15-2002, 02:58 PM

Hey Tox,when Floxter smiles the sun glitters off his gold fillings and diamond studded Bob Lee Longbow. I won cash there when I went this last year I'm hoping for a ride in the club's limo this year. Just kidding these guy's are good people trying to hold on to some land in prime real estate area and unfortunatly it takes some bucks to do so or it is gone the way of the dinasour. It would be nice if they could get more dedicated people to help them out as it is a beautiful piece of land and is perfect as an old traditional archery club not a bunch of condos or a golf course. Make it out there and fling some wood arrahs with Diamond Jack Floxter and the Chessbum.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:01 PM

Oh Tox bring your ID you may get checked at the door hehe!
Old 01-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have woodies to fling! Will the aluminums work?
Old 01-15-2002, 05:10 PM

IBO Rules apply, except you're allowed to shoot 3 fingers under. So if you're shooting a longbow you need woodies. If you're shooting a recurve you can shoot anything.

Jack
Old 01-15-2002, 07:51 PM

Tox you must be a rich kid. I can't afford aluminum as much as I lose arrows.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Wait...I am going to order some aluminums don't have em yet...lol.
I am gonna crown em with spray paint if that tells you anything about my financial status.
Got a letter from the bank today telling me I used my checkcard too much and I spent $8 more than I had. I will probably get another in a couple days, cause I got gas before I got the letter. It is cool cause I have a $100 overdraft protection/credit limit. Mom yells at me when it happens though. I hate to ask them for money, cause I never want to pay them back. Far as I know the bank doesn't forget, so I don't have to worry about paying them back. As soon as I put some more money in they are going to steal it. Payday is Friday so I should be good.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:57 PM

ttt

Jack

Quick Reply: Traditional Shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.