Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MH's Trail Cam Thread (Updated 9-04) Shedding Pictures >

MH's Trail Cam Thread (Updated 9-04) Shedding Pictures

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MH's Trail Cam Thread (Updated 9-04) Shedding Pictures

Old 06-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MH's Trail Cam Thread (Updated 9-04) Shedding Pictures

Sept 4:

Heres some awesome pictures of some in velvet, some out, and som shedding!

Ribcage is still holdin on to that velvet and doesnt show any signs of losing it soon!

This Big 9 shed his pretty fast!

His buddy still has his velvet on

Some awesome pictures of this young 8!

Here you go Jeff, your favorite buck hard horned

Big boy

Split G2

Sept 3:

Loosin the velvet...

August 27:

I havent updated in a while so i figured i would do one today especially since i finally got pictures of this big 10 pointer that i have been watching all season. I havevideo of him in velvet, but nevergot pictures until today.At first he was just super wide and had no tine length, but finally he started growing some tines and turned out to be a great deer.

And here are some more pics of the other boys. They are done growing now but im hoping to get some pictures of them shedding velvet!

August 06:

Another good deer. I have been watching this deer quite a big but hadnt had a camera in his area. There are several other good deer in the area, but my camera is acting up and wasnt working properly...

August 02:

More pictures of the big boy today! Every time i see him he gets bigger! Hopefully those tines keep growin!!!!

And his wingman...

Good 8 point:

Narrow 9:

Other tall 8:

JULY 31:

After seeing this big buck on my camera very early and watching him grow through the binocs i finally got some trail camera pictures of him after gettin some video of him last night. Hes a great deer. Although hes not super wide, when he turns his head he is very impressive. He is a 10 X 9 with 10 on his left side. What a great deer!

Also got pictures of one of the tall 8s that we have been watching grow all summer.

This picture didnt turn out good but its a nice young 8.

Man i cant wait till September 15th! []

JULY 22:

Shawn and I went and checked all our cameras toady. Got a lot of pictures and a lot of new faces. There were several buck on one of my cameras that i havent gotten any pictures of until now. We also got pictures of a stud on a new piece of property we got permission to hunt this year.

Heres a big (looks like) 6 pointer.

Heres a narrow 9 point that i dont believe ive got pictures of yet this year.

This deer is hard to see and i had to zoom in on him but looks at the brows on this guy. Dont think ive seen him before either.

And finally the big boy! Hes a stud 10 point!

JULY 18:

He is coming along VERY nicely. He has really put on some inches since the last time i got a picture of him. He should make it into the 150s easily by Sept. Thought i would include a picture of him from last year. Look how much he has grown from 3.5 to 4.5!

JULY 14:

Nothin too special, but a few nice pics...

Young split G2 8 pt

She looks like shes still carrying a youngin...

Close up

Young 8

Look at the tumor on this girl! And shes sweaty...

JULY 11:

Check out this funky horned bastard!

Looks like its this guy, he is really taking a beating or something! Hes not going to have any rack left if he keeps this up!

JULY 07:

This tall 8 is really coming along. Hes going to be a tough one to pass up...

[Edit]: I just realized this is not the deer i thought he was. If you look down at July 02 youll see the other tall 8. They are definately different bucks. The deer below i believe is the 8 i got pictures of last january.

This younger split G2 buck has put on quite a few inches since i last got pictures of him. He could really be a stud in a year.

This wide 8 hasnt grown a whole lot. He definately needs another year or two.

Now this big boy really caught my attention. He looks like a STUD! Im not sure if its just because his ears are layed back and all or what, but it also looks like he has a little drop coming off his left side. He doesnt really look like any other bucks that ive got pictures of...hopefully ill get some more of him soon!

JULY 02:

Making progress....

Heres a wide 8 pointer that i got pictures of a while back, he hasnt grown much since then, but hes pretty nice

Heres a descent young 8. Looks like hes going to have a spilt G2 on his right side...

Finally i got some blurry pictures of this guy so i couldnt identify which buck he was but he also looks like he will be a good one. Hopefully ill get some other pictures of him soon so i can tell which buck he is and how good hes going to be...

JUNE 29:

I just checked this camera that i had out at one of my spots for 11 days and it took 625 pictures! There were TONS of does and fawns on the camera and two descent bucks. One buck looks like he is going to be a really good one. Hes a main-frame 10 with double split brow tines!

JUNE 27:

Pretty good pictures of these bucks progressing. The buck that i just gave a hair cut to [8D]last year is coming along very nicely! Hes got a bunch of trash at the bases and looks to be a shooter if he contiunes to grow the way he is:

Also this tall 8 is really coming along. Im interested to see how long his tines get but he has grown quite a bit since i first got pictures of him!

Heres another buck that looks like he might be a prospect for next year...

JUNE 25:

Nothin too special, but a pretty wide young 8...

JUNE 21:

Well i got some good news today when i checked my cameras. I dont know if any of you remember, but last year i shot this 9 pointer and hit him in "no mans land" above the spine. Turns out im glad that i didnt kill him because he was a buck that i had seen before and didnt want to shoot. It was late season, i was drawn back on a doe when he came in right behind her dogging her. I got caught up in all the excitement and took the shot.

Heres the video if you dont remember... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGQaY1jXk1k

Anyway, i got trail cam pictures of him all last year after season and everything and even got pictures of him after he shed (i could see the scar on his back).

Well, i just checked my cam and look who showed up. Looks like he should be a shooter this year, i believe he's 4 years old now. Hes got some funky stuff going on at his bases!

Hopefully he will grow into a stud!

Heres a pretty descent young 8 so far...

and some fawns...

JUNE 18:

Check out these guys! They are the same deer from the June 03 pictures. Man have they grown the past few days! I cant wait to see what the split browtine buck is going to look like!

JUNE 14:

Another big boy. Looks like he's already starting to get his G3s in...

Definately looks like a mature deer

JUNE 12:

Got onegood oneon there this time. I dont think that ive seen this one yet this year....he might be a pretty good one!

JUNE 09:

Got some pics of a pretty nice one. Im having a hard time telling if it is the same buck that i got pictures of on June 03. They look very similar but also a little different. Its hard to tell when they are growing so much so quick!

Little split browtine

Big Boy

JUNE 05:

Nothin too special this time...couple of alright bucks though

JUNE 03:

I just got back from checking my trail camera for the first time this year. I put out some mineral cites last week and put the camera out. Got a couple pictures of some nice ones. I get a TON of pictures throughout the summer so i figured i would just make one thread and update it peridically!

Enjoy!

This guy looks like he might be a pretty good one. Hes already pretty wide and looks like a big bodied deer. I think i might know which buck it is but only time will tell!!

This guy looks like he has some REAL potential. Hes not grown as much as the other but he has really big bases and looks like he is going to have double split brows...man i cant wait for about another few weeks when they really start taking shape!!

Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MichaelHunsucker's Trail Cam Thread

Cant wait for hunting season... Gotta get my other trail cams up!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

You were my second choice for biggest buck!!

Man I am fired up now[8D]
Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 PM

Oh my. Aren't those some cute little chubby velvet nubs! MASS! Can already see the spread happening on them babies!

It is so freaky how their bodies change during the Rut. Like Lyle Alzado or Barry Bonds or something!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you do this to us? Nice bucks you have there.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Dominant Buck

What??? You mean them little weird looking 6 pointers ya got, there????

Pffffft.

(dang dude......nice deer!)
Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice, it looks like you've got some good bucks to chase this year. I think bigger bucks look funny this time of year with their barrel chests and skinny necks.

My buddy said he saw a good buck the other day by one of our NJ spots last week. Already out past the ears with good sized brows and tines sprouting. We think it's a big 7 that didn't get shot last year. He was in the 120"s last year, so he should be a good one this year.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those things look giagantic for this time of year. I thought the one I saw that was ear height was a nice one.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys should start a Michael Hunsucker fan club.

PS - Nice bucks. I'm waiting a few more weeks to put my cameras out (or so I keep telling myself)
Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

You guys should start a Michael Hunsucker fan club.

PS - Nice bucks. I'm waiting a few more weeks to put my cameras out (or so I keep telling myself)

No doubt on the fan club!
[/align]

Quick Reply: MH's Trail Cam Thread (Updated 9-04) Shedding Pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.