Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting rifle

Old 10-22-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Hunting rifle

Hey guys. I just started hunting this year and have been using my friend'sRemington 30-06. I am looking to purchase my first hunting rifle and am one a budget considering i support two kids bymyself. I would like to stick with the 30-06 I like the feel of those and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction as far as something that's quality and don't cost an arm and a leg lol.....Once again thanx and good hunting
Old 10-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting rifle

I might get hammered, but walmart has good prices. Hey I like supporting local shops also.But family first
Old 10-22-2005, 10:16 AM

For the hunter on a budget, hard to go wrong with a Savage. For 30-06, you'd want the Savage 111F for synthetic stock and 111G for wood stock--they are virtually the same price. Andthey both come withthe accu-trigger now, which is so sweet. Wal-Mart would have the best prices probably, if that is your primary consideration. Good luck!
Old 10-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I JUST TRADED WITH A GUN DEALER FOR A NEW IN THE BOX THOMPSON ENCORE 7mm08 ..STAINLESS ..FULL CAMO ..WOULD TAKE $550.00 ...IF YOU WANTED SOMETHING LIKE THAT ..YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECT AT [email protected]

DD

Old 10-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would like to stick with the 30-06 I like the feel of those
Actually the same model of rifle will feel the same reguardless of the chambering.It wouldn't feel any different if it was a 25-06,270 or 30-06 one one of many other chamberings..
Old 10-22-2005, 11:51 AM

You can put together a pretty good 30-06 package pretty easily. You could get a Stevens model 200, long action, rifle chambered for 30-06. Put a Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x40mm scope on top of it witha set of Weaver rings and bases. Add some Butler Creek flip up scope caps and a Butler Creek Neoprene sling to finish things up.

If you added up all of the MSRPs on these items you would come to $571.94 plus tax. My guess is that you could go to almost any gun shop and tell them to put that package together for you for $600.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Another place to look is,
At your local pawn shop.

Some times they will have a good price on just about any type,
Of gun you want.

And you can always get it for less than the price tag on it.
Just talk them down on the price.
Make them an offer.

Remember this money talks.

I have 3 kids so I know how tight money can be.

Good Luck
Old 10-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

i started hunting this year aswell and i bought a remmington 710 it comes with a 3-9/40 bushnell scope alreay mounted and bore sighted. i payed $309,- bucks for it (wally world), and i'm pretty impressed with it... i mean 1 1/4" groups at 100 yards for a 325 dollar rifle is pretty dang good if you ask me... i will probably go for a new one next year and buy a remmington 700 and put another scope on it but this year with me having to buy pretyt much the whole thing , rifle,scope,clothes, treestand etc etc... i had to opt for a cheaper but still good rifle..

good thing i love about wal mart is ofcourse the lay-a-way option ... yes you can put rifle's on lay-a-way aswell...
Old 10-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

SyPTO has the right idea. Great gun, great price, and 1-1/4 groups with fairly inexpensive bullets.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:41 AM

i'd rather get the remington 700 adl synthetic than the 710. There about the same price except the remington doesn't come with a scope. if for any reason you would need a new barrel you couldn't get one for the 710, it's permanently attached to the action. the 700 will out live you if you take care of it.thats just me talkin though. i'm actually a browning man

Quick Reply: Hunting rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.