Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Older Browning Midas Adjustments HELP!!! >

Older Browning Midas Adjustments HELP!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Older Browning Midas Adjustments HELP!!!

Old 03-29-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Older Browning Midas Adjustments HELP!!!

I recently purchased a very nice but used early generation Browning Midas youth bow for my 8 year old. Unlike the new Midas III, this particular madel has an advertised adjustment range from 15 to 45# and a 19-25" draw length. The MIdas III has 10" of draw length but only a 10LB weight range 20-30# or 30-40#. I figured he would get a lot more mileage out of the older model. Anyway, the problem comes in when I try to adjust the draw weight. Bow came pre-set at 22" and 30# from Browning. I have the length set at 19" now which is where it needs to be. The weight is still at 29# on my scale though. does anyone have any experience with this bow? I do not want to crank out the limb b olts too far and get met with a very nasty surprise when I go 1/2 crank too far. There are no holes in the riser to allow me to measure how deep the bolts are through the riser. Were there different modules for draw weight adjustment on this bow or do I just keep cranking out the bolts until I get down to 20#? A 30# range on the limb bolts seems like an awful lot. 15# is about normal.

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Older Browning Midas Adjustments HELP!!!

Welcome to the boards. I do not have an exact answer for you, but I would say it is ok to turn it down to until it gets to 20 pounds. I would wait for others to post before you do this though.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

My kid had one of those. It's been a long time since I fooled with one but, if memory serves me well, you can back the limb bolts out so far the cables will fall off the bow before the bolts will come out. I think Browning puts it's minimum at 15 pounds just to keep enough tension on the string and cables to keep 'em from popping off when the bow is shot.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got one of those for my 10 yr. old for the very same reason. I have his set at 18# right now. I don't think you will have a problem backing out the bolts to get the draw wt. you want.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I figured that must be how you do it but hey, better safe than sorry.

Jeff
Old 03-30-2005, 09:45 PM

Changing the draw length is more complicated than what has been discussed and it could be dangerous if not addressed properly. I would visit a PRO Shop that knows how to address your issues.