Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C >

Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C

Old 12-20-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C

okay, so, what's the difference? why are the beman's $30-$40 cheaper a dz? they sound like the same arrow. (i've never shot the beman's before.) are the a/c/c's better quality or something? any opinions?
Old 12-20-2004, 11:15 AM

Default RE: Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C

I would guess they are about the same. They are both made by easton. Have you checked the specs, I doubt there is much difference.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:21 AM

A/C/C's have a thinner walled aluminum core tube and 3 wraps of carbon ! They are slightly lighter weight but stonger and more consistant with the 3 wraps of carbon !

The Matrix on the other hand have a thicker aluminum core tube(giving them a little more weight)......but only 2 wraps of carbon ! Therefore they are easier to bend !

I didn't think the Matrix were even in the ballpark ........durability wise........when I tried them compared to A/C/C's !! JMHO !
Old 12-20-2004, 12:10 PM

ah, thanks for the info. i didn't realize they were made differently.

I didn't think the Matrix were even in the ballpark ........durability wise
really, though, they were that much less durable? hmmm...
Old 12-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot matrix shafts , and love um . They are very durable , I have yet to bend one in 2 years .They are slightly fatter than accs , and slightly heavyer . They shoot about the same , very accurate . I hope they never stop makeing them .
Old 12-20-2004, 04:43 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the matrix shaft also. I have had good luck with them and like the extra weight. I've found the durability issue to be a moot point with all the different arrows I've tried. If I miss and they don't hit anything hard they are good to go, if they hit something solid they all bend or break.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

I hope they never stop makeing them .
if i'm not mistaken, the matrix didn't make the 2005 beman lineup. that's why i was inquiring about them. i thought if they are a pretty good arrow, then i might pick some up on low close-out pricing somewhere. does anyone know for sure if they are being discontinued?

as it stands now, i'm kind of stuck on the fence about whether i should buy them or not...some say they are not durable, some say they are...lol. btw, ijimmy and mez, would you happen to have a selection chart for the matrix? i can't seem to find one anywhere. also, do you use super uni bushings with the matrix shafts?

thanks for the help.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:46 PM

Yes they are discontinued for 2005, I talked to easton today to try and get a good comparison for you and the guy on the phone said the matrix is discontinued for 2005
Old 12-20-2004, 05:58 PM

thanks for the help ash2042. i thought they were discontinued. anyone care to give a comparison between the matrix and a xx75 - durability wise? i'm sure the matrix must be more durable, but how much more?
Old 12-21-2004, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I was going to post the exact same question (difference b/t Matrix and A/C/C?)...wasn't expecting to see the Matrix will be discontinued for '05 though. Guess I can mark them off my comparison chart.

I currently shoot Carbon Express Terminator Hunters and have had decent success w/ them, but am always looking to improve my shooting by getting more reliable gear. I certainly don't mind spending a few extra bucks to get the better product, but do rely heavily on folks from these hunting forums. I will probably buy a half dozen A/C/C arrows and give them a whirl for '05 season. Does anybody want to talk me out of this?

Quick Reply: Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.