Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 no kisser,no peep >

no kisser,no peep

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

no kisser,no peep

Old 08-24-2003, 05:08 PM

Default no kisser,no peep

i tried the rear sight system but to me it was a hassle to try and get everything in line before each shot,so i decide to to shot without it--no peep--no kisser and started toput string on tip of nose,anchor in corner of mouth with release hand anchored below ear.it seemed to work great.i was real happy with my shot placement.the only thing i question at times is my hand on riser grip
Old 08-25-2003, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: no kisser,no peep

I got rid of the peep several years ago and have no regrets. I also anchor in the corner of my mouth with the string on the tip of my nose looking to the right of the string and shoot very comfortable and accurately this way. I think it' s a great set up for hunting although for target or tournament shooting i would definately use a peep. Good Luck!
Old 08-25-2003, 07:43 AM

IMO when you are in the heat of the moment, faced with an odd angle stance and shot, your face is numb from the cold and you can' t feel your anchor....

You " may" wish you had another system
Old 08-25-2003, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was thinking along the same lines as RA. In a semi-controlled environment you may get one type of result from one setup but add the pressure and adrenalin of the hunt and you might have a problem.

I would think that the only potential solution to that would be consistant and repeated practice until it becomes subconscious.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you considered the No-peep? It' s flat out awesome on a hunting bow...
Old 08-25-2003, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve shot this way for several years now and killed deer every year with well placed shots without a peep in hot/cold weather and all kind of angles and conditions but you have to practice and practice a lot until it becomes a habit and feels natural. I haven' t had a situation yet where i didn' t hit the mark when hunting because i didn' t have a peep in the string. I can remember not being able to make a shot in fading light because i would lose my peep sight and was afraid of making a bad hit even with a big peep sight.[:@] I can' t see as good as i use too but then again i' m not as young as i use to be either The key is consistent anchor and to get that you have to practice which is something i do a lot of. If you practice enough then it becomes a habit and just feels natural, at least it does to me. You also have to have a limit as to how far is too far and that limit to me with no peep sight is 25yds and i' ve disiplined myself to stay within those limits. If using a peep makes you a better shot and allows you to make quick humane kills then by all means use one because shooting without a peep isn' t for everyone but with enough practice i think anyone can do it and do it well. I still have a peep sight on my target bow but for hunting i shoot just fine without it so i don' t need it.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'm going to bring this thread up to the top to see what everyone else thinks about it because I just started shooting this way... I just switched to a release, and used to shoot fingers (obviously) and i would draw the bow with three fingers and then drop down to two fingers after the bow left off, anchoring my pointer finger in the corner of my mouth... now with the release I just bring it back up against the corner of my mouth and can shoot plenty accurate to hunt, and it seems like second nature since I have always anchored there, it is only slightly different because of the release... anyone else shoot this way?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:47 PM

Peeps are for beginners When you graduate from the peep to hunting without a peep, you'll see more of the reason you're out there
Old 08-26-2004, 05:57 AM

I fully understand taking a peep off a bow (I'll never shoot with one), but why did you remove the kisser? It can give you a good reliable reference point. Combine that with a part of your hand anchoring in a particular spot on your face, the string on your nose, and you have a three point reference system that should work very well (at least it does for myself and several others I know, who shoot this way).
Old 08-26-2004, 10:53 AM

I shoot with a kisser and would recommend some sort of anchor reference if you don't want a kisser. Touching your nose to the string with a served in knot either for a visual reference or a "touch' reference will help also.
I've tried out new bows and some that I've shot more than a few shots with nothing at all on the string,,, have shot VERY accurately for me. I think I could do very well with a bare string but still want the kisser reference on my bows.

Quick Reply: no kisser,no peep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.