Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Time to say thanks and brag on my battery post cleaner !! >

Time to say thanks and brag on my battery post cleaner !!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Time to say thanks and brag on my battery post cleaner !!

Old 08-05-2004, 06:02 AM

Default Time to say thanks and brag on my battery post cleaner !!

Hey guys.......haven't been around much lately......it's our busiest time of the year and I have actually been having to work (!@#$!) !!!

I'm feeling so good about my set up that I have to thank everyone that helped me since I have been here......in particular JeffB , Aurthur P., and Len !

I haven't shot much lately.....but got back on it hard this week ! Shot my Boss Bullet fixed blades right with my FP ........then my RM Ti-100's and they were right there........then my buddy came over (he's been shooting my target up lately [8D]) ............I put one of his Thunderhead 100's on and nailed a 10 ring shot at 40 yrds !! So I feel I have a bow that is actually tuned for the first time ever !!

And for the Wisker Biscuit nay sayers ...........here :

I have shot these arrows hundreds and hundreds of times for several months......hope you can tell that my vanes are still fine !
And yesterday I was on fire....the below picture was of my"biggest"group...........and it was at 70 yrds !!
Wish I could do this everyday !! Hunting season starts on the 15th....man I'm ready.......I think [8D] !!

Old 08-05-2004, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time to say thanks and brag on my battery post cleaner !!

On fire indeed! Excellent shooting

No thanks needed..especially since I'm not exactly sure how I helped , But I'm glad I could help you in some small way.

I will say this..that little Outback sure will shoot..very accurate and forgiving. It's a far cry from every other super-shorty I've owned/shot. I'm very pleased with mine.

But do not forget, YOU are still the one who has to do all the work getting those groups tight. Congratulate yourself for some hard work, patience, and determination.

One of these days I'm gonna try one of the battery-post cleaners for myself
Old 08-05-2004, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Darn good shooting right ,That group at 70yrds has serious penetration .You definetly deserve a big pat on the back .

nubo
Old 08-05-2004, 07:56 AM

That is a Cabelas 3-d ..........it's the softest target I have ever shot into ! It's easy to pull the arrows out of ........but not very durable ! I won't be buying another one !

The Axis arrows do outpenetrate any others I have shot into it by a few inches..........but as you can see in the pic.......I have my block behind the 3-d target ......been doing this since about 2 weeks after purchasing the deer !

BUT .........I am shooting a set up in the 77-79 # range of ke at 0 yrds and it maintains in the mid-high 60 's out at 70 yrds according to the ballistics calculator over at Jacksons page !!
Old 08-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

That is a Cabelas 3-d ..........it's the softest target I have ever shot into ! It's easy to pull the arrows out of ........but not very durable ! I won't be buying another one !
Good to know..I had been considering purchasing one.

The Axis arrows do outpenetrate any others I have shot into it by a few inches..........but as you can see in the pic.......I have my block behind the 3-d target ......been doing this since about 2 weeks after purchasing the deer
Your ST AXIS holding up Brent? I can get a incredible deal on them, and I may just get 2 or 3 dozen, and weed through to get the straightest ones and set them aside for the hunting season. I would prefer the extra penetration they offer with my recent problem.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:19 AM

Well .........the ole Axis's !! The first 6 I fletched I shot into my block and my Mckenzie Javelina Natural look target (you know how hard those are) !! After a while......they still grouped good but my groups opened up a little (somewhat concerning,but no big deal) ! Most had a slight wobble......I think one spun true !

My second set of 6 I have only shot into this soft 3-d target and my block "a little" !! They seem to have held up better ........but........I only have 3 of the 6 that spin true now ! One that was spinning true a few weeks ago crapped out on me this week !!

So I decided to order some GT Pro hunters to try out !! If I don't like them I will either go to aluminum or possibly try Axis again !! I'll keep you posted !!

Any negative with the GT Pro's ???
Old 08-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

Well .........the ole Axis's !! The first 6 I fletched I shot into my block and my Mckenzie Javelina Natural look target (you know how hard those are) !! After a while......they still grouped good but my groups opened up a little (somewhat concerning,but no big deal) ! Most had a slight wobble......I think one spun true !

My second set of 6 I have only shot into this soft 3-d target and my block "a little" !! They seem to have held up better ........but........I only have 3 of the 6 that spin true now ! One that was spinning true a few weeks ago crapped out on me this week !!
Basically the same scenario that happened with mine. I didn't notice them going bad until I started shooting them into harder target materials with broadheads.

Any negative with the GT Pro's ???
Very little with the 2004 arrows. The spine consistency still is not the best out there, but straightness has improved greatly. Still might have a slight wobble if you shoot a very long arrow (30" plus). At a cut length of 28" (of shaft only), mine have been super straight..nearly as good as XX78s

Weight tolerances and the new nocks are much, much better too. If you get a "flyer" turn the nock, and that usually will bring it back into a group.