Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 string and cables look fuzzy,  whats up with this. >

string and cables look fuzzy, whats up with this.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string and cables look fuzzy, whats up with this.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default string and cables look fuzzy, whats up with this.

Before last season I replaced my string with a zebra string. I replaced my cables and yokes with new hoyt cables. I have noticed that my strings and cables are fuzzy looking. I have not ever seen this before. does anyone know what is up.

I wax my string and cables as usual. I keep my bow in a hard case, in my house so it doesnt get too hot. I cant figure out what is up. Any suggestions as to what is up, or as to whether my string/cables are safe to shoot?
Old 07-01-2004, 01:10 PM

Default RE: string and cables look fuzzy, whats up with this.

I am not sure, but I will be watching this post to see. I have the same trouble. My strings and cables are Hoyt from the factory, and only about 4 months old.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Fuzzing is normal wear and tear on any bowstring. The amount of the fuzzies is a factor of the string material that was used in the string. Som materials just fuzz more than others. Zebras were made of 8125 until recently, and 8125 is notorious for fuzzing up a little bit. As long as what you are seeing is just the fuzzies, andnot cut strands, you are fine and continued shooting will not be a problem. Just keep waxing them to reduce the fuzies as much as you can.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: reylamb

Fuzzing is normal wear and tear on any bowstring. The amount of the fuzzies is a factor of the string material that was used in the string. Som materials just fuzz more than others. Zebras were made of 8125 until recently, and 8125 is notorious for fuzzing up a little bit. As long as what you are seeing is just the fuzzies, andnot cut strands, you are fine and continued shooting will not be a problem. Just keep waxing them to reduce the fuzies as much as you can.
Spot on.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guess we should have put on Winners choice. I don't think I'd care for a fuzzy string being new and all.

nubo