Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Does this draw length look short?  pic >

Does this draw length look short? pic

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Does this draw length look short? pic

Old 02-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does this draw length look short? pic

hey guys i can't tell if this draw length is too short, it feels a little short but I need your help. thanks.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does this draw length look short? pic

It looks a tad too short but you also have a locked elbow on your bow arm.

Put a slight bend in the elbow and the draw lenght should be right.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could be? A single picture makes it very hard to tell.......I personally would need to view you from all angles preferably in person to offer any sort of opinion.
Plus the picture is a bit far away to begin with.

What did the shop that sold you the bow have to say about your draw length?
Old 02-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not nearly as technically proficient as some of the others around here; in fact I asked a similar question to yours not too long ago to seek out some of the outstanding help around here myself.

But, just taking a quick look at your pic, I would venture to agree with you. I like to anchor one of my knuckles against my jaw, and I would like for my nose to be able to touch the string when I look through my peep as a second reference point.

Make sure your bow arm isn't too straight; I can't tell in the pic. It almost looks like it's locked too straight. If you put a slight bend in the elbow, your anchor point might move more rearward to where it needs to be anyway.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, it looks a little bit short.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:53 AM

Hard to tell but I would guess that its not to short.

You are leaning back and your head seems back. I think if you got your upper body in a better position it would come into place.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

It would make it easier to tell if you were in a good 'T' form. Looks like you're pointing at something on the floor instead of at a spot on the wall at shoulder height.

My first impression of that photo is NO. Your draw length is not too short. The arrow's nock would be at the corner of your mouth, big knuckle of the index finger behind the jaw... What's wrong with that? It's how I anchor. Is someone going to hop up and tell me my draw length is too short at 33 1/2"?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually it does look like is hand is coming back to the right position but the string isn't making it back to his nose. That release looks awful stretched out there. Do you have any trouble reaching it? Looks like it needs to be cut down to me.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually it does look like is hand is coming back to the right position but the string isn't making it back to his nose.
I was thinking much the same thing. As the others have mentioned it looks like you are leaning back somewhat. If you were to straighten up more into the "T" shape then the string might touch your noise. However, if it does not then I agree that you should be bending your elbow a hair more. That should definitely allow the string to touch the tip of your nose.

So, this is more of a form issue than actually too short of a draw on the bow itself.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

The draw length looks right on to me. What does not look right is the length of your cailper release. While you are in shooting form the trigger of your release should rest on the crease of you finger of your first nuckle. If you shorten up that caliper release and put a slight bend in your left elbow your problem should be solved. I also agree that you seem to be leaning backwards in the pic. Good luck

Quick Reply: Does this draw length look short? pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.