Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arm slap!

Old 02-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default Arm slap!

Can someone direct me to a tight and long arm protector? My hunting jacket keeps getting in the way and helps me throw some shots. I've thought about an old neoprene wet suit arm.......but where would I get one of those?
Also, I've tried a cotton version made for this but it shortens, rolls, and tends to not be tight enough to do the job.

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 02-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arm slap!

I've got a baggy-armed sweater that give me fits. I just use two armguards, one in the usual location and the other right above the elbow on the bicep.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2004, 05:38 PM

Could be a indication that your string has streached , thus making your draw lenght longer than it should be, this will cause arm slap in a bad way.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:31 PM

does arm slap occur all the time??? like if you get a new bow will you still get arm slap?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Personally I like the first one by Buckwing.

http://www.eders.com/catalog/showdet...32&CATID=14757

http://www.eders.com/catalog/showdet...82&CATID=14757

http://www.eders.com/catalog/showdet...57&CATID=14757

http://www.eders.com/catalog/showpro...Group_ID=79915
Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I seen on a commercial somewhere where they were advertising the chap's to go around your ankles and over your boots to keep bug's such as tick's,fire ant's and blackflies out of your pant legs when your hunting or working in the field ,I think if you were to get a small set they would work real good for what you need Mr Fritze.

nubo
Old 02-10-2004, 11:59 PM

I too ocasionally get arm slap,,, I just go out and sleep on the couch when she's having those dreams I thought about the camo duct tape also but she said that the glue doesn't wash off very easy and pulls her arm hairs[&:]
Old 02-11-2004, 04:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fritz,

Has this been consistant since you got the bow or did it just start occurring? What are you wearing when you get the slap.....T shirt?...sweatshirt?....jacket?

It could be a draw length issue as mentioned above or it could be because of bulky clothing. If it is the former then a quick trip down to Sterner's for a slightly shorter draw length module should fix the problem. If it is a clothing issue then any of the above mentioned arm guards should work. Heck, I might even have a neoprene ankle sleeve left over from my waders that you could use. I will have to check.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the tips. The more I think about it, the more I believe the draw length may be a hair longer than it should be. It happens almost exclusively with clothing on, but I do clip my lower arm now and then. I suppose backing down the length a 1/4" to 1/2" may do the trick. I think this can be adjusted on the Patriot without the need for additional equipment.

I do have a 3:00 appointment today at Peak Performance for a paper tune and to get rid of these string sliencing squid that are already flying apart. I had considered removal of string silencers altogether so maybe between a slightly shorter draw length and the silencers the speed will remain the same?

As for arm guards for my baggy jacket, I read a tip on another board that women's pantyhose work well and can be left on the jacket arm. My wife graciously sacrificed one of her older pairs of black stockings last night and now I wear it "proudly" on my left arm. We'll see how this works before spending any more money.

PABowhntr..........where is this Sterner's you are referring to?

Thanks again,

Fritz

Quick Reply: Arm slap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.