Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bitzenburger Jig >

Bitzenburger Jig

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bitzenburger Jig

Old 12-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds about right sadly. Nocks and Fletchings aren't cheap. At least not the better ones anyway. You could have ordered them from Lancaster Archery and they would have cut them to size for you and included Nocks and Deep 6 inserts. 183.96 a dozen. BTW, you will have a bit of a time finding broadheads to match that extremely small diameter (deep 6). Slick Trick has them in 100 grain and it is very hard to beat the performance of Tricks. Especially against the few that make that small diameter BH.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Spike

One question still remains, how does a guy use the upgrade kit? Did not see a pattern to cut out like directions said, nor was there a long screw that it talks about?
Old 12-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mike777
well guess Ill see soon ordered a dozen 4mm FMJ's. Dunno is this sounds right, but part of the reason Im gonna start doing these myself is shop charged me $150.00 for the dozen arrows and another $150.00 to fletch, nock and add inserts. So they should have a carbon core and alum. skirt.
Holy smokes! My local shop only charges $20 to cut, fletch, and glue in the inserts. Granted, they don't do the *best* job of fletching, but thats a far cry from $150. That sounds like highway robbery. I need to open up a bow shop, if they get away with that kinda pricing! Heck, if you wanna send those puppies to me, I'll do it for $75

Also, FWIW, if you don't wanna use Deep 6 broadheads, you can use outserts or half-out inserts and standard shank broadheads. Outserts are stronger, but they do add some weight to the front of your arrow. That said, I haven't had too many problems with half-outs, in as much as I have used them.

Last edited by cjclemens; 12-12-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Spike

I"m guessing you ordered the bitzenburger fletching jig with the Zenith Upgrade Kit already installed. In this case there is no factory nock receiver included.