Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sighting my bow

Old 09-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Spike

Default Sighting my bow

I have just bought new arrows and set them up and I have also adjusted my draw length which makes your poundage heavier due to that. I have shot my new arrows and they are shooting a lot higher due to the adjustments but my sight is maxed out from my previous adjustments and I can't move my sight or pins!!!what do I do please help!!!!help
Old 09-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

not much info here to go on. What bow, sight, rest combo to start off, but I would say a great place to start is papertuning the bow. Not sure what bow you are using that ups the poundage when draw length is adjusted. My suggestion is go to a shop and have them do the initial setup for you which should involve setting your drawlength poundage and papertuning then you should be in the ballpark for sighting in the bow.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Lots of things could have changed and the above suggestions are good ones. In addition I would set up a bow square and make sure the nocking point is correct. A nock set too low will cause a problem like you are experiencing. Something must be really off if the point of impact is beyond what the sight can accommodate. I always paper test a bare arrow after making a large change. Once you get that somewhat dialed in the rest comes easy. Another thing is make sure the arrows are weighted and spined properly for the increased poundage. Good luck and if all else fails go to a local bow shop. My bet is that will be something they can easily help you with.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is quite possible that the poster is not very knowledgeable about compound bows and may think that turning in the limb bolts is what changes the draw length. But we don't know. He posted and never came back. Hopefully he took the above advice and went to a pro shop.