Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Copper John' s custumer service >

Copper John' s custumer service

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Copper John' s custumer service

Old 10-20-2003, 08:48 AM
nub

Default Copper John' s custumer service

[:-]Outstanding![:-] Heres a copy of my email to CJ' s.
email: [email protected]
message: I' m looking for some info on your Dead Nuts sight. My lock down
screw for the dove tail has stipped out. It seems to me the screw should
have been a bit longer in the first place since it only went in a few
threads. The first time it happened, I removed the washer under the hex
head. That allowed me to catch a couple more threads and lock down the
dove tail. It didn' t last for long tho. While in Ontario on a moose
hunt,
it let loose again. I managed to patch it back together with some
borrowed
parts from another hunter. What type of warranty does this sight carry?
Is
it possible to purchase just the bracket that mounts to the risor?
Let me know if theres anything that can be done short of drilling and
tapping it to a larger size.

Kevin
The reply I got back from Al Coon was short, but to the point.
WE will mail you out a replacement today.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:20 PM
To: Al Coon
A new mounting bracket was waiting for me when I returned home from work. Love the site, love the way they care for their product.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Copper John' s custumer service

I' m considering buying one of these sights. I' ve heard alot of good things about these sights and this company which is even better.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:44 PM

Ditto to what Nub said, I had an dovetail extention that would loosen up after about 2 doz shots. Sent another one out no questions asked,didnt even ask for the other one back. Cant ask for better service than that.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:57 AM

I have a Copper John Pro II sight on my 3D bow. At first I didn' t like it. I couldn' t see the pins very well unless I had the afterburner light on. The pins screws were gouging the plate that the pins attatch to. Also, I had problems with the housing moving down the dovetail. Well...I was at IBO Worlds this year and 30 minutes before I was scheduled to shoot, my cable blew apart on my bow and sent my arrow right through my sight housing. It bent all the pins, broke all fibers off and knocked the level right off the bow. It also took a couple of chunks out of the housing too. Later that day I went to the Copper John booth and explained my delimma. Then I went into details of my complaints I had with the sight before my bow blowing up. Upon further investigation, it was determined that my sight, which I purchase 6 months earlier was actually a 1.5year-2 year old sight. It must have been a proshop left-over. Anyway...who ever was at the booth reached under the table and pulled out a brand new Pro Sight II and swapped sights with me. I refused at first and he insisted. What a difference that new sight made.

Now, that is customer service. Backing up damage that was caused basically by user error, and not craftsmanship. Copper John gets ALL my sight business and most people I put together bows for.

Highly recommend Copper John sights to everyone I know. I read an article and the basis of Copper Johns corporate development was based on the fact of other sight manufacturers lack of customer service.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear about the service you recieved. I am planing on getting another one from them. This will just validate my purchase.

Brian
Old 10-23-2003, 08:31 AM

I had a similar experience when while at The Potter County bow festival here in PA I managed to break 2 of the fiber optics on my pins I don' t quite know how I did it but 2 of them were broke. So I emailed Copper John just to ask them where I could get replacement fibers and they emailed me back saying that they would send me replacement fibers at no charge. Within a few days I recieved the fibers and my Copper John Dead Nuts Pro was as good as new. I know with service like that they made a lifelong custmer out of me.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:23 PM

This reminds me of the service you get from Dillon Precision. Dillon warrantees their mechanical products (presses, scales) for life. Not just to the original owner. If you break it they fix it, free. If you find an old beat up Dillon press, send it in to them and they will make it good as new, ship it back to you all at no charge. They get all the business I can give them.

I will look into Copper John for my next sight.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear about the service from them. I kinda thought they would treat people well. They just seem like that kind of company.

I bought a Dead Nuts sight from them last year and couldn' t be happier. Very tough, durable sight.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:37 PM

Bass Pro and Cabela don' t carry the Copper John Pro II or Pro III...I ended up ordering a Spot Hogg Hogg-It sight...costed $179.00 (before taxes, broker fees)...ouch. Bass Pro and Cabela both gave the dimensions to their products. Somehow the Copper John site don' t have any dimensions for their sights. ??? I forgot...but there was a shop that sold the Dead Nuts Pro II for $80.00....I think.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:08 PM

Copper John all the way for me all the time!!!!!! I' ve heard nothing but the best of service, and they' ve got awsome products!!!!!!!