Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker biscuit

Old 09-12-2016, 04:10 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

CI is right, I believe, in that it really comes down to the factors he mentioned. If you can take deer with what you have, moving up to something more expensive and more elegant, is a matter of personal choice.

My 30 pound bow is just right for me. I have heard criticism, but I'm absolutely sure no one is going to stand 30 feet of so in front of me and let me send an arrow towards his chest. Not that I would do that of course. And the WB fits our style of hunting perfectly.

My husband uses the WB also, but he hasn't shot an animal since I started hunting. Instead of taking me out and showing me how it's done, he told me what to do and let me do it.

(For Nomercy; sachiko is not just my screen name. It's what everyone has always called me, even my teachers in school. It makes me feel very warm inside knowing that I am a "child of happiness.")
Old 09-12-2016, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the answer is simply this.

If you are willing to spend $50+ yes there are better rest for sure. They are not just personal preference better, they are better....they are factually functionally better and last longer.

However if you are going to spend $40 or less the WB is among the best in that class.

The personal preference is how much its worth to you to shoot with better rests.

For me the ripcords and QAD are worth the money but IF I was going to spend $40 or less the WB would be my choice but I haven't tried them all.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

So who has a WB they'd mail temporarily to KS? I have an Octane Hostage off of a customer's bow, but it's not a full-surround (basically a NAP Quik-Tune). Wouldn't break my heart going through the motions to test tuning and run pins over the chronograph to compare it to a Code Red or Ultra.

Experimental design is pretty straight forward - fletching life is a hard one to test, just on number of shots to cause a failure, but speed and ease of tuning are easy enough.

Of course, this DOES fall prey to the same weakness - comparing a $50 WB to a $100-150 drop away.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
So who has a WB they'd mail temporarily to KS? I have an Octane Hostage off of a customer's bow, but it's not a full-surround (basically a NAP Quik-Tune). Wouldn't break my heart going through the motions to test tuning and run pins over the chronograph to compare it to a Code Red or Ultra.

Experimental design is pretty straight forward - fletching life is a hard one to test, just on number of shots to cause a failure, but speed and ease of tuning are easy enough.

Of course, this DOES fall prey to the same weakness - comparing a $50 WB to a $100-150 drop away.
I have experience with the WB, quick tune, and code red.

WB worked fine but did wear out but no tuning problems for me, the quick tune brushes started breaking plum off during shots after about a year, and the code red is flawless for me(the felt has to be replace occasionally)

Ive killed deer with all 3 but the quick tune did break while shooting a deer and I lost the meat before I was able to find him.

I'll see if I have one somewhere but I think I probably gave them away.