Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker biscuit

Old 09-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
How about you "get over" whatever syndrome you have gjersy. I don't know who put the bug up your rear about me but you can take a hike. Anytime you post lately on a thread I am involved in you have something smartass, and completely incorrect 90% of the time, to say. ANYONE who practices anywhere near as much as I do will tell you WB's are designed to fail. Plain and simple. They are fine for the guys who pull out their bows a couple weeks before archery season, you know, guys like you gjersy, and don't dedicate themselves to being the absolute best they can be for the good of the animals we hunt. But for people that actually give a rats rear about being able to put an arrow precisely where it's supposed to be, under any conditions, we kinda hold to equipment that isn't designed so ridiculously. They are okay I suspect for beginners even though they teach poor technique but if the only reason you can come up with to use one is to keep the arrow from falling off the rest, you know, the reason the damn thing was designed, then you need to go back and learn proper drawing and holding form. In all my years of archery hunting, I've had exactly ONE arrow come off the rest and it was totally MY fault. Was trying an angle I knew in the back of my mind I wouldn't be able to pull off but such is the brain fart moments at times. And that's with 15 or so years hunting with a TM hunter style prong rest!
Are you serious? you insult my hunting abilities? lol
Old 09-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Super junt, you joined Feb,2015 & have almost 2700 post's! go out and HUNT!! LIVE LIFE LOL.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

And please don't insult me again
Old 09-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, rules, 8,12,& 16, were violated by super hunt? Mod's?
Old 09-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Plain and simple. They are fine for guys who pull their bows a couple weeks before archery season,you know, guys like you gjersy, and don't dedicate themselves to being the absolute best they can be for the animals we hunt" I find this disgusting and a rule violation!! I am a Hunter, and supporter of Hunting.net!
Old 09-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

And nothing you say or do is insulting others though right? Can't handle a little truth thrown at you without finding it "disgusting" then don't poke at someone that's not a bit worried about poking back.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

OK boys it has been fun but the small time barbs thrown at each other need to stop. I read through everything and don't feel it all warrants anything other than me issuing a general warning providing it stops here. You both like to post and have made some good contributions to the hunting/ shooting threads. I remember having to deal with a similar issue between you two a while ago. My suggestion...which in my opinion is a good one is to take a break and then continue to post but not at each other. The issue was brought up by the OP and has been generally agreed upon through all the posts that it is a useful rest but probably more marketed towards a casual shooter. I think both of you allowed it to get to where it is right now so if there is a continuance both will be affected. If it ends... no harm no foul. Why don't you both step up to the proud line and shake hands and move on. I know if I were involved I would take that suggestion.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

First off a beginner has to learn correct form from the onset so using a WB to keep the arrow on the bow should not be a problem with proper form.
As for a good rest for not too much money is the NAP Apache drop away. They cost about $60 and are rock solid.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's always fun Champlain Islander
Old 09-02-2016, 04:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by gjersy
It's always fun Champlain Islander
That's why we post here. Thanks for the co-operation go to both parties in that tennis match. Being a mod is easy when we don't have to do anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.