Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker biscuit

Old 08-31-2016, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Holding the arrow is the only plus in my opinion. I would never use one for all the reasons SH outlined. Most of my bow hunting is from stands and my bow is either hanging in front of me on a hanger or sitting on my lap vertically with the stabilizer holding it between my legs. Keeping the arrow on the rest isn't an issue at least with me.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Horse pucky! Dun listen to that mess Imshocked. Rock's pulling ya leg He knows they are completely retarded and quite possibly the absolute stupidest rest ever conceived from the mind of men. It's a rest that is designed to fail! Bristles wear down and cause change of point of impact, they destroy your fletchings, they cause bad loaded arrow handling habits for when someone smartens up and gets a proper rest, the list goes on and on!
I have a whisker biscuit because i didnt know they had so many cons and im new to bow. Is there another rest out there you reccommend that ain't guna break the bank?
Old 08-31-2016, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
I have a whisker biscuit because i didnt know they had so many cons and im new to bow. Is there another rest out there you reccommend that ain't guna break the bank?
What's your definition of breaking the bank is the first question. I went to drop away rests several years ago and have been completely satisfied with the performance of them. BUT I have been into archery for over 60 years and into compound around 25 years and drop aways can be a bit difficult to tune for the beginner. You have to get the right combination of arrow stabilization (arrow on rest long enough) yet dropping away in time for fletch clearance. If you go to a quality archery shop and have them install and tune your rig then you would probably be more than happy. If doing it yourself, being new to archery, you may be taking on a bit of a headache as they are a bit of a bear sometimes to tune in perfectly. In my opinion though, they are a step above all other rests and worth the extra effort to get them perfectly in tune.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a ripcord code red drop away.

How long have you been using the WB and how many of these "cons" have you had problems with?

If not for drop aways I'd hunt with a WB and if it tore up my fletching I'd look into better fletching.

Last edited by rockport; 08-31-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rockport
I shoot a ripcord code red drop away.

How long have you been using the WB and how many of these "cons" have you had problems with?

If not for drop aways I'd hunt with a WB and if it tore up my fletching I'd look into better fletching.
ive had the WB on my martin exile since i bought it in 2011 and now that the bristles are startin to wear on the WB ive noticed that when I shoot 40 yards my arrows are now flying lower and more irregular than they used to and I havnt changed anything on the bow. Shooting montecs and easton bloodlines
Old 09-01-2016, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
What's your definition of breaking the bank is the first question. I went to drop away rests several years ago and have been completely satisfied with the performance of them. BUT I have been into archery for over 60 years and into compound around 25 years and drop aways can be a bit difficult to tune for the beginner. You have to get the right combination of arrow stabilization (arrow on rest long enough) yet dropping away in time for fletch clearance. If you go to a quality archery shop and have them install and tune your rig then you would probably be more than happy. If doing it yourself, being new to archery, you may be taking on a bit of a headache as they are a bit of a bear sometimes to tune in perfectly. In my opinion though, they are a step above all other rests and worth the extra effort to get them perfectly in tune.
Round 70$ i would be content with. Can u get drop aways for 70$ or less that arent plastic and junk?
Old 09-01-2016, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ive had the WB on my martin exile since i bought it in 2011 and now that the bristles are startin to wear on the WB ive noticed that when I shoot 40 yards my arrows are now flying lower and more irregular than they used to and I havnt changed anything on the bow. Shooting montecs and easton bloodlines
IMO if you liked the WB and had no problems with it for 5 years just get a new $15 biscuit but yes you can get a ripcord rest in the $70 range and it is a better rest BUT if you buy one somewhere that will set it up for you your probably gonna have to pay more for it.

Its more than worth it for some people but if you shoot your bow so little that a WB last 5 years your probably not one of those people IMO.

Last edited by rockport; 09-01-2016 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah 100% agree. For a WB to last 5 years you must shoot VERY little. I seriously doubt a WB would last me more than a month if I'm in my normal range of shooting. But I shoot a LOT. It's good exercise and it keeps me sharp for bow season. If I miss an animal, or even worse WOUND an animal, it's 100% my own fault with no excuses that way.

If you want to shoot more then go with a drop away as it will be worth the expense 100%. But if you are going to continue shooting minimal amounts, just go with a replacement bristle insert.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Bisket, not so bad

Originally Posted by gjersy
Huh, really,???!!!?! Whisker Biscuits are great for keeping arrows in place, thats a fact that i loved about them. Low pro vanes have no ware issues with whisker biscuits. The issue i didn't like, was when you draw back the bristles drag on the arrow & it's loud, but other types are too? But it was to loud for me. Either way the whisker biscuit has it's positive features, and definitely has a nitch.
Ya Whisker biskets are not so bad, many guys/gals stuck nice deer with the aid of Whisker biskets?! Get over it "SUPERHUNT" Buy the way Why would a guy call himself "super" lol?
Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about you "get over" whatever syndrome you have gjersy. I don't know who put the bug up your rear about me but you can take a hike. Anytime you post lately on a thread I am involved in you have something smartass, and completely incorrect 90% of the time, to say. ANYONE who practices anywhere near as much as I do will tell you WB's are designed to fail. Plain and simple. They are fine for the guys who pull out their bows a couple weeks before archery season, you know, guys like you gjersy, and don't dedicate themselves to being the absolute best they can be for the good of the animals we hunt. But for people that actually give a rats rear about being able to put an arrow precisely where it's supposed to be, under any conditions, we kinda hold to equipment that isn't designed so ridiculously. They are okay I suspect for beginners even though they teach poor technique but if the only reason you can come up with to use one is to keep the arrow from falling off the rest, you know, the reason the damn thing was designed, then you need to go back and learn proper drawing and holding form. In all my years of archery hunting, I've had exactly ONE arrow come off the rest and it was totally MY fault. Was trying an angle I knew in the back of my mind I wouldn't be able to pull off but such is the brain fart moments at times. And that's with 15 or so years hunting with a TM hunter style prong rest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.